Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My son has been fully potty trained since 24 months.  He is now 31 months and we are having some major setbacks.  I'm not sure if it is cause by the holidays and lack of naps or what is going on.  He has always had tiny accidents.  He'd leak a teeny tiny bit in his undies, catch himself, and then hold it until we got to the potty.  He once even "held it" for over 6 hours at a baseball game b/c he was still scared of public potties (which we have since overcome).  Anyway, I have been off from work since last Thursday.  Naps have been shoved to the wayside because of business with the holidays.  He has been having practically full accidents in his undies since Sunday (4 days at the moment).  He even pooped in his undies a few times.  I am at my wits end.  He has also been having accidents at night.  I can't remember the last time he ever wet himself at night.  Maybe when he was 1??  I just don't get it.  Could it be the disruption of his schedule and lack of naps??  I'm also do in February with our 2nd boy.  I didn't realize potty training regression could happen after 7 months of being in undies!  HELP!  How do I get him back on track?  Should I invest in some pull-ups?</p>

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
<p>Did he have any sort of diet change over the holidays?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It might be worth getting pull-ups to use while you work on getting things back into a routine. So long as he can understand it's so he'll be more comfortable while things get sorted out and it's not his fault he's having accidents.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If there are still problems in a week or so though, I'd go to a doctor or something to check on physical causes.</p>

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>His diet has been the same, so I'm still not sure what is causing it.  I'm keeping pants and undies off of him in the house and it seems to be helping.  He goes when he wants and yells to tell me when he's on his way to the potty.  He's still wetting at night, so I guess we'll be buying a pack of pullups.  Hopefully, we'll only need one pack.</p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>Ds has had a small potty regression this week too (but I'm also starting weaning) & I just started back up with the constant reminders to tell mommy & we started back up with the sticker chart. That seems to really be helping.</p>

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>We started the sticker chart yesterday and it seems to have instantly fixed our problem!  He now tells me every time he has to go and doesn't fight when I ask him to try.  He even woke up me up last night to go in the middle of the night.  YAY!  Thanks for the fabulous suggestion!!!!</p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>So glad it worked! It's wonderful when the simple things work.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts