Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is 4mons old and has been doing great with ec to the point I could trust us going out in undies, (we were only useing 7-10 diapers a week) but the last 2 days she has been giving me the cues for potty so I put her on and she screams so I take her off and she quits crying. I just put her dry diaper back on her and she pees then screams because she hates being wet. I just do't understand why she will not use the potty if she knows. We are still catching all the poos though. I do think she is getting teeth. Any ideas from other ecers?

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Hi- There will bumps in the road and pauses all throughout your EC journey. Could be all kinds of things- teething, learning to roll over, learning to reach for things, or who knows! I remember we had our first blip at about 3 months old, and it was quite unnerving. Usually in the early months they only last a couple of days and you learn to take it in stride. Try not to ask yourself why she won't go if she knows how to go in the potty. I've asked that question hundreds of times by now and it just makes me frustrated!

That peeing after being taken off the potty is a normal part of their development, too. If you know she has to pee but doesn't pee, you can always lay her on a prefold or towel or something until she goes, then put the diaper back on.

Welcome to MDC and the EC forum, by the way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.