Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD was doing great with potty learning and was even able to be dry at night in diapers, then SIL gave her some underwear with Hello Kitty on it, whom DD loves thanks to SIL and her stickers, at first she did great then she had some accidents and it seemed to really upset her and she would not use the potty and wanted diapers again. We were staying with SIL and moving so I waited and want to try again, so I ordered a potty insert so she can start afresh and it will be here soon.

Any ideas on how to get her to start using the potty again? She has great control but I think the 'accidents' really upset her and not sure where to go from here, we have read several books on potty learning and she understands but refuses to do it, obviously I am not going to force her and have dropped the issue for a while but going to try again and see if she is ready now. I am sure she is eminently bribable but we try not to but maybe stickers or something would work. She is very verbal, but very strong-willed too!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts