Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
About 2 months ago, I decided to do my own pottty experiement with DS. It was a beautiful warm day so we spent the day outside and DS w/o clothes. I put a little potty out there for him to see (he had been using it occasionally already, so he knew what it was for). It was pretty incredible. Without clothes or diaper, he KNEW when he had to go and he'd sign "potty" or just walk up to it and try to sit on it himself. Since then, we have let him spend most of his time at home w/o diaper and we've had very few accidents. So I don't think you're off the mark at all. Your ds knows about the potty, and I think if you want to help him use it, let him run around in the buff for a while, or change him as soon as he's wet so he gets used to the nice feeling of being dry all the time. Also be sure to tell him he's going potty (verbally and/or with a hand sign) when he goes, so he has the words to tell you when he is going or needs to go.
That's just what worked for us...

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.