Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please suggest some fabric for me to make my ouch from. Also...how many positions can i use a pouch with. my baby is 8 months. i am asking becuz i'm going to PR this month and am debating over whether to take just the pouch or both the pouch and the sling.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong you wonderful mamas here, but I think you can do pretty much all the basic positions (I'm assuming hip-carry with your 8mos old) with a pouch as you can with a sling if you're just using it to carry the baby around. If you plan on nursing in it, some people prefer the adjustability of the sling, though I know you can also nurse in a well-fitting pouch. However, having said that, when I went on an extended vacation when DD was 17mos, I brought several carriers along "just in case"
!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about the t2t position. I know we will walking and shopping alot while we're there and while she's awake i prefer the hip carry but i know when she gets sleepy, thje t2t helps her focus more on the task at hand: sleeping. that said, I don't see how a pouch can be secrue for t2t. If i'm wrong, please correct me. TIA!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If the pouch fits properly, you should be able to do the T2T with a baby that old. If you need to tighten the top rail a little, try flipping the shoulder. Just bring the top edge out across the ball of your shoulder.

As for fabrics, you can use any sturdier, thicker cotton, or even the lighter ones if you make it double/reversible. You could make a nice stretchy fleece one, but it will need to be tighter to account for the stretch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.