Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for something like Rosetta Stone (French) but cheaper for my daughter. We already do the N'Allenart together and we had the free demo of Mango languages. But I just found this. I haven't heard reviews of it. Does anyone use it?

Also, has anyone used the online subscription to Rosetta Stone? It's still pricey but I might be able to spread it out. I hear there is a lot of glitches with the new Rosetta Stone so I am weary to buy it regardless of price, and I can't find an older version for sale.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
My dh has used the old and new versions of Rosetta Stone and he liked the new one better. He said it was more user friendly and they fixed some things that needed fixed. I haven't really used it personally and know nothing about the other programs. But my dh tends to be frugal with money (he's military and could use Rosetta Stone for free through them), but when the time comes for our children to learn a language, he fully supports me buying the Rosetta Stone curriculum for them. He was VERY impressed with it.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
We have the new version of RS, like it much better than the old, and haven't encountered any glitches. It's a great complement to L'Art de Lire.

We tried an old version of Powerglide a few years ago on loan and didn't like it at all. It just wasn't our style, I guess.

Miranda

·
Registered
237 Posts
just FYI, the online version of RS expires (as opposed to buying the box version that you load from a CD onto your computer and is yours forever). i forget how many months an online RS subscription gives you, but i know it was less than 4 months last time i saw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.