Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there...I couldn't think of a title so just put something up....sorry...LOL<br><br>
It's been 22, almost 23 months since dd was born.....no sign of AF since she was conceived...<br><br>
We are still nursing but it's pretty hit or miss these days....nothing regular like even once a day....<br><br>
My cycle has always been pretty irregular (3, maybe 4 times a year..maybe) but tests and such have shown nothing like PCOS (had some other signs of that but tests came back fine) and my thyroid is A-OK (only one out of 5 women in the family..whoo hoo)......<br><br>
So, my question is....could I still be ovulating here and there and if so, how would I know if I were pregnant or not....When I was pregnant with dd I didn't know until my pants stopped fitting right even though I lost some weight...my breasts didn't hurt, my periods were sooo irregular all my life so I really can't use that as a tell tile sign like friends can.....<br><br>
Just curious.....I have an appt with my MW at the end of the month to talk about some things bc we would like to start TTC again later this spring/summer but really can't until AF rears her head....<br><br>
Thanks mamas....

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I don't have a good answer to your question. Though I've always had regular periods, and nursing really put a damper on my fertility, too. You might want to talk to your midwife about various herbs to help your cycle, such as vitex, or red raspberry leaf, taking B vitamins also can help. The B vitamins are very safe, but I'd speak with someone before starting the herbs.<br><br>
Good luck!<br><br>
Laura

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I would seriously recommended doing BBT (basal temping) and charting. If you're up to it, you would also find checking the cervical position and mucous helpful. I temp and chart the position, and mucus.<br><br>
At least that way, if you were to get a visit from AF, you'd know if it was ovulatory or annovulatory.<br><br>
I am almost 9 months pp with no sign of AF. I also am away from babe 3 days a week and miss 2 nursings on those days, my NFP teacher is surprised I've yet to have a return of fertility. I know how you feel!<br><br>
HTH<br><br>
Elizabeth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts