Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had PUPPPs during the last few weeks of pregnancy, but now, every day PP (4 days so far) I break out in hives on my hips and bum. Horrible itching, am using cortisone cream and Sarna to control it. Is it hormones? Will be asking my midwife on Monday, but wanted some ideas in the meantime. TIA!

·
Registered
774 Posts
i broke out in hives/eczema (is there a way to tell the difference?) after both of my girls were born. with dd1, it wasn't until she was hospitalized at 12 days old (so, stress caused it i'm sure). with dd2 i think it was stress too, but it happened 3 days after her birth. i'm not sure if it happened more easily the second time because my body was already "primed" for it, or if there was some other reason. my OB suggested maybe it was an allergic reaction to the hospital sheets since they're washed in harsh soaps and it was on my arms and legs but not trunk, but it didn't appear until 24 hours after i cam home, so i dunno, i still think stress. hope it goes away for you soon, mine disappeared as quickly as it had come on. strange!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.