Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I had my first baby by unplanned C-section just over four weeks ago. DH and I have had some enjoyable intimate time together, but today we actually tried intercourse, and my God it hurt! I couldn't go very far because of the burning sensation, and it felt so tight (sorry, TMI!).</p>
<p>I've never had a yeast infection, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue (although I'm not itchy or anything else)? I am BF'ing, so I suppose it could be hormone-related too?  It felt like a tearing, burning sensation. Honestly, it felt a bit like the pain of having sex for the very first time - what I can remember of that LOL! Sorry, this is all TMI, but need some re-assurance that this is so-called normal! Oh, and when I peed shortly thereafter, it burned as well.</p>
<p>I don't have my postpartum OBGYN check-up for another two weeks, so I guess I should technically wait to get the all-clear from my doctor.</p>

·
Registered
595 Posts
<p>not sure if its normal but i experienced this as well. i also had a c/s and dp and i waited until 3 weeks pp. it hurt so much like the first time lol! and yes i had the burning when peeing too. i didn't turn out to have any type of infection and it happened for probably the first 5-6 times. i even had very light spotting afterwards a few times and had to "take it easy". It did go away though :) yeah i also thought that it was weird and in some part related to the whole breastfeeding/hormones thing.</p>

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thanks Stephanie, that is so re-assuring! I'm glad it goes away eventually - will take it easy though. Good advice! I've still got postpartum spotting/light flow at this time too. I'll be so glad when that's done. So tired of wearing pads. I always used tampons when I had my period, so not used to pads.</p>

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
<p>I just want to say I also experienced this and it got better. Took a while though (you really don't want to know how long, lol). Things really got better when breastfeeding dropped off more, ime. Anyhow, definitely go easy on yourself and listen to your body.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts