Mothering Forum banner

Practicing/Retired Midwife Roll Call

2K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  DallasCPM 
#1 ·
I'd like to see who we have on board as midwives go.

Please give the following:
Your Name
Your Location
Your Type Of Practice
How Long You Have Been Practicing, or How Long You Practiced Before Retirement
and
How Long You Think You Will Practice (if app)

Thanks women!!!!

#5 ·
Stacia
Ann Arbor, MI
homebirth/fertility counseling/well-woman care/doula
I just took over my practice in January, but had been doing primary work before then
I hope to practice for many years

#7 ·
Charlotte
Northern Louisiana
Home
6 months on my own, two years total
I started young so I could go longer...I want to do this until I can't work anymore (so 40+ years, Lord willing)

#16 ·
Jessi

Pennsylvania/New Jersey

Home/hospital birth, well-woman gyn

Graduated from CNM school in 2003, had a baby, worked as a nurse for a bit, then worked in a hospital midwifery practice for one year, and have been with my current practice since January '06. Now on maternity leave with my new babe

A long time...

#20 ·
Good grief Becki... there is a birth center in Englewood that NEEDS a CNM because a) it's the law and b) Tracy is positively swamped with 10 per month SOLO. Want some info? Write to me at kris@metromidwifery.com and I'll hook you up if you're interested! She was my DEM preceptor.

Congratulations on the pass! I started finishing prereqs for nursing school this semester (did most of the fluff now doing the science).

#22 ·
jen
central fl
bc/hb- although in reality we do very few hb's
i have been licensed for 3 months!!!! and i just got this job- my official first day is next week.
i will practice as long as i still love it!

eta i've worked with this bc for 4+ years in differing capacities- cbe, office manager, birth assistant, student mw. now i get to be the mw!

#26 ·
Susan Stapleton in reading, PA is looking to sell her birth center. Want to move to PA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckiCNM View Post
Becki
Colorado (for now)
Brand spanking new CNM (passed AMCB boards TODAY
: )
Desperately hoping for a birth center job somewhere, someday....
I want to practice forever, if I can

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.