Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now Pherson always wants to be on his tummy (started rolling himself there more often the past couple days). But he does this arms out to the sides, legs straight out behind him, balancing on his chest only thing now. Sometimes he just does it, often he fusses while doing it. Is this a typical precrawling stage?

So far he has gone through: lifting his head and chest on his tummy, liking to push off on our hands with his feet to scoot, rolling front to back, "swimming" on the floor kicking his feet, rolling back to front, and now this. It really seems frusterating to him. What was the progression for your babies with crawling?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Completely normal, the sears book calls it the airplane. I think it is cute but my son (7 1/2 months) get frustrated sometimes too. It wasn't long before he started to do pushups. Now he gets in position to do a full pushup, on his hands and toes no body left on the floor.

If u want u can show him how to tuck his legs under his bottom for crawling but it will come in just a few weeks to a month if you wait. I find ds loves this positoin and his tummy if I lay down with him and we are face to face. It surprises him every time.

JennP

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Completely normal. He's probably just frustrated that he's not moving yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts