Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Anyone have it? anyone had it before?  I have an app tomorrow but I am a bit worried because I have been having a headache for days and I went to the chiro today hoping that would help... it didn't.  I have never had a migraine before but I think that is what I have now.  I am plenty hydrated, eating well.  I sure hope I am not pre-e!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Big momma</p>

·
Registered
79 Posts
<p>Haven't had it(pre-e), but I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Headaches and can have all sorts of triggers including allergies, stress, fatigue, hormones, and more. Hope you get good news. </p>

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
<p>Crossing my fingers for you that it is nothing more than a headache.  How have your pressures been at home?  Have you tried combining Mucinex with Tylenol?  When I had a killer headache in my last pregnancy my midwife had me try that and it worked like a charm... turns out it was a sinus headache.  Worked for me today too when Tylenol today wasn't cutting it.</p>

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
<p>When my BP was up a little bit my midwife asked if I was having headaches, dizziness, if under my ribcage sort of where your liver is hurt. I was negative for all of that. Headaches can be caused by so many things. Crossing my fingers for you too. </p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>i had it last time! i swelled up like crazy, you would not BELIEVE the edema. my ankles are usually fairly slim, and had been a wee bit puffy, but suddenly turned into sausages. so did my knees, and halfway up my thighs.. it felt very odd. and i had leg cramps, and despite being obviously waterlogged i didn't pee much, just a little bit of dark-coloured urine. so i went to the hospital.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the previous day, my blood pressure was 110/70 or lower (like usual). then it spiked to 138/89, but since they didn't consider it technically "high blood pressure" (140/90 or higher) they sent me home. the next morning i drove myself to a different hospital, the doctor freaked, and that was it, time to get this baby out!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i had a headache but that's nothing unusual for me. the swelling was the big thing in my case. for the record, the fact that my diastolic pressure made a jump of 15 or more above my usual, was clinically significant and should have been caught the night before. unfortunately i had a very dismissive nurse, who refused to pass it on to the doctor when i said that the reading we got was very high *for me*. so maybe my kidney function would have been better if they had listened instead of waiting that extra day..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>anyway i hope it's nothing to worry about! i get headaches all the time.. it's been rather brutal this month. but my blood pressure has been 110/70 or lower so must be just one of those things!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts