Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - I am new to this forum - have become very interested (obsessed?) with VBAC but wonder if I am just living in a fantasy world.<br><br>
I will be 38 next month, have had diabetes since I was 12, and had invasive uterine surgery that went thru the entire thickness of the uterine wall (fibroid removal) in Sept of 2003. I had my son via elective C section in Oct of 2004 at just shy of 39 weeks gestation...(my obgyn was conservative and wouldn't let me go longer than that even though my diabetes was controlled excellently with an insulin pump). James was 8lbs 2.5 oz, he had no extra fat on him (ie, signs of diabetic pg) and his blood sugars were normal.<br><br>
I would like to try a VBAC if I get pg again - does anyone else out there have diabetes? Has anyone else out there had invasive uterine surgery? Has anyone with either of those conditions had a VBAC?<br><br>
I can't seem to find out what the actual risk of UR is, after 'invasive' uterine surgery.<br><br>
I still sort of think a repeat cesarean would be riskier than VBAC statistically speaking.<br><br><br>
Sorry to ramble just wonder if anyone has any thoughts on whether I would ever be able to find a practitioner to allow me to try even attempt labor let alone VBAC. (I really regret letting James be taken out of me too early. He was technically fine but they had to use a vacuum to get him out - his head was floating - and it took 4-5 tries and a year later he still has a bump on his head!)<br><br>
Thanks so much for listening and for sharing all of your stories, advice, support and knowledge!!!!!!<br><br>
Anna

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I spoke with a VBAC momma who had diabetes. Her first dd was 8 pounds at 35 weeks and was a c-section.<br>
Her second dd was an induced hospital VBAC at 37-38 weeks. I don't remember how much she weighed.<br>
It can be done! Best of luck to you!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that is so encouraging! thanks!!!<br>
Edited to say welcome to your new baby! Just noticed your recent home VBAC! Good for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts