Mothering Forum banner

21 - 40 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
I noticed some contractions last night when I would wake up to use the bathroom. So, I guess they continued, but I slept through most of them. Went to an OB appointment this morning and since they were doing GBS testing, she also checked my cervix and it was like at a 1 and still very thick. So these contractions aren't really doing much of anything and I expect at least 4 more weeks before the baby comes. Actually, I'm having one right now. They are not so painful I can't talk or do things during them, but definitely annoying and painful. I had three in a row last night that were very painful and I did have to stop everything and just wait them out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had my 38 week check today too. I learned that I'm 2.5cm dilated and my cervix has shortened, but he didn't say how much. I already knew this because sex has all of a sudden become painful. I could still be walking around like this in two weeks, when my next appointment is scheduled though!
Baby has turned slightly and is now side on but with head engaged. He still likes to stick his feet up under my ribs from time to time! I get very strong contractions now, where I cannot walk or move, but they don't form a pattern yet and I get them more in the daytime than at night. Sometimes I am woken by them, but seem to get them more in the daytime. Still have a lot of period- like pain and pelvic back ache.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
This labor talk is getting me excited. I am having BH... but really nothing too difficult or painful. Just accompanied by non-painful "take your breath away" type feelings. Usually, they are induced by sudden physical activity.

I am less than a week away from where I had my son gestationally speaking..just over 37 weeks. ;) I HIGHLY doubt that will happen again, as my girls came between 40-41 weeks. I actually would like a few extra weeks with baby on the inside. I have been dealing with overwhelming stress and it should level out in the next week or two. I just want to be in the right head space before labor! :)

Reactions: happyday8598

·
Registered
316 Posts
Most of my contractions are physical activity induced. Last night I woke up twice with a contraction and weird head pressure down low. I was also dreaming about a client being in labor, so as I would wake up I was telling my baby to stay put. I have three clients that need to have their babies before I am allowed to go into labor.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yes, mine also seem to be induced by physical activity. There are so many things I would like to be doing, but instead I'm spending my day on the couch watching TV and it is so boring! I want to clean the bathrooms or do some more organizing or whatever, but instead the house stays messy and I'm running out of shows to watch. First world problems, I guess.

I also had to get out the magnetic responsibility chart for my 4 year old to motivate him to do some of the things he needs to do. Like make his bed (just put the blankets on the bed so that they're not on the floor), brush his teeth, take a bath, put on his PJs and things like that. He knows I can't chase him or catch him right now, so he takes full advantage of that. So I'm trying to reward instead of punish him. So far it's going okay. I'm really glad I have them spaced out and not having babies while being pregnant, that would be really hard for me in this last two months.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I'm in the couch + tv boat too. So happy we have Netflix!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Watcha watchin, Valerie? Anything you'd highly recommend?
Watching Netflix mostly. I just finished a season of Hoarders, which makes me feel like my house is very clean. I love that show, they used to have all the seasons on there, but over time they lost the rights or whatever and now they just have one season that I don't even think is in order. But it's been so long since I've seen them that I couldn't remember what happens. I like Hoarders and Intervention. The people on those shows are so far gone that they don't usually act for the cameras, and I love the reality of it and to show people out there that they are not alone in their addictions and problems.

Now I'm on the last episode of The Fall, which is a Netflix exclusive with Gillian Anderson (of the X-Files), but it is seriously dark and even depressing. But I like those kind of shows, too.

So probably not what most people would want to watch. I also love the home improvement shows on there, but there are just not enough of those. I'm done with all of them within the past month. I am a serious TV junkie lately.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I also love the home improvement shows on there, but there are just not enough of those. I'm done with all of them within the past month. I am a serious TV junkie lately.
Have you watched Holmes Inspection, Valerie? That's what I am watching now. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Watching Netflix mostly. I just finished a season of Hoarders, which makes me feel like my house is very clean. I love that show, they used to have all the seasons on there, but over time they lost the rights or whatever and now they just have one season that I don't even think is in order. But it's been so long since I've seen them that I couldn't remember what happens. I like Hoarders and Intervention. The people on those shows are so far gone that they don't usually act for the cameras, and I love the reality of it and to show people out there that they are not alone in their addictions and problems.

Now I'm on the last episode of The Fall, which is a Netflix exclusive with Gillian Anderson (of the X-Files), but it is seriously dark and even depressing. But I like those kind of shows, too.

So probably not what most people would want to watch. I also love the home improvement shows on there, but there are just not enough of those. I'm done with all of them within the past month. I am a serious TV junkie lately.
I just watched Season 2 of The Fall as soon as it came available - I totally loved it. I loved her character, I loved seeing such an incredible, feminist female lead. So many moments in that show gave me chills! If you haven't seen it yet, I would recommend Happy Valley - it isn't quite as dark, but it has a fantastic, complex female lead character and is another British crime drama. I also really liked the Bletchley Circle - more badass female characters, and again not nearly as dark as The Fall.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Have you watched Holmes Inspection, Valerie? That's what I am watching now. :)
Yes, actually. Love Mike Holmes. I wish he would come to my house because after watching that show I suddenly notice all the things that are wrong with it! He has other shows, too, like Holmes on Homes and there's another one on Netflix, I think that is about something else where his crew fixes homes.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I just watched Season 2 of The Fall as soon as it came available - I totally loved it. I loved her character, I loved seeing such an incredible, feminist female lead. So many moments in that show gave me chills! If you haven't seen it yet, I would recommend Happy Valley - it isn't quite as dark, but it has a fantastic, complex female lead character and is another British crime drama. I also really liked the Bletchley Circle - more badass female characters, and again not nearly as dark as The Fall.
Another great show like The Fall that is easily just as dark is The Killing, about detectives in Seattle, WA. I would even say that it's better than The Fall. I will have to check out Happy Valley. I think Bletchley Circle is in my list of things to watch, I will check that out, too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
38 weeks today. And once again bloody mucus. But this time it has been all day vs. The last time it was just one glob in the morning for two days. This time every time I wipe there is some. Maybe stuff is really happening. I kept waking up last night to cramps. But they didn't continue into today.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Every time I stand up my lower back really hurts. Sometimes it's a contraction, but I'm thinking that sometimes it's just the sheer weight of the baby pulling on it now. Just started in the last couple of days. I'm 36 weeks. I haven't been dealing with lower back pain at all this pregnancy until just now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cow chick, I'm your stalker. :wink:please make a new thread when you *know* it is go time. I mean, if you HAVE the time or inclination! I'm so excited that things are moving along for you...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I agree with Duchess... ALL of us... please start your own labor thread! That way we can direct good energy vibes to each and every one of us.

The weight of the baby has intensified in the past 2 days. It's almost as though I'm feeling it grow. These bellies get HEAVY!

Something shifted in my belly this afternoon. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is... if it's lower, larger or just a different position. But there is a distinctly different feel to my body.

And in the past 2 days, did I mention, this belly has BURSTED! Wow. It's just amazingly fantastically LARGE!!!

And I still love it, even though it is HEAVY!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think having our own thread is a great idea!!!! Hopefully I get the chance to go into labor on my own! I am currently having protein in my urine and I don't have high blood pressure or any infections so I'm doing a 24 hour urine collection to check on my renal function. Due to a previous kidney surgery my OB is extra cautious. I'm kind of nervous that he will want to induce me. My next appointment is on the 27th. So we shall see what all the results say. But if I am induced that is a long process. Well it was for me anyways. So I will still start my own thread. Plus it will help keep my mind occupied : )

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well. Baby has definitely dropped.. I walked out of my room today and my 6 year old says mom where did your belly go??? Then I went to my friends and she said the same thing. I thought they say your baby doesn't usually drop until labor has begun with +2.. Hmmmm
Either way it is once again progress. : )

·
Registered
363 Posts
My stomach has been all kinds of wonky for 2 days. I hope I am not getting sick again... Anyone else see this as a pre-labor sign? I really want to have the baby now or just wait til next Friday.

21 - 40 of 332 Posts