Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last I checked, my insurance company requires you to precertify your pregnancy in order to be covered. For anyone doing UC, there's always the possibility of an emergency transfer, but last time around my insurance required my dr office to send in the precertification paperwork. I remember this because there was a conflict with the dr office saying I had to do it, and the ins refusing it unless it came from them...has anyone else dealt with this, and what did you do?

The second question...regarding health insurance for the infant. Where we live, the child has to be added to your insurance within 30 days of birth. To do this you have a temporary birth certificate-Confirmation of Birth Report(the paper you would normally take to the health dept to get the birth certificate). SO the question is, how did you get your kids on your insurance with an UC?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.