Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just had her baby full-term, but he's tiny! Just over 5 lbs and everything is huge on him so I'd like to order some preemie clothes ASAP, I'd prefer them from Canada so they get here faster. Anyone know of anywhere?

Thanks!
Danielle

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
I *think* there are some preemie clothes on the canada trading post. Otherwise, check consignment shops--my dd was 6 lbs and was in preemie for about 4 weeks--I got them super cheap and brand new looking at the consignment store--even the "newborn" size will fit a bit big in a week or so (basically once he gets closer to 6 lbs--but we had newborn on her at 5lbs 11oz

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I was shocked at the decent quality of Zellers stuff. I do find their things fit small, and DS went home in a 6 mos outfit from there (he was big, though)
Oooh! Does your hospital have a ladies auxillary? ours does, and they knit the sweetest little outfits....

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Yeah, it's really well made and very soft--much more so than I'd have expected from there--I think their newborn size will fit a 5lber--it'll be a bit big--but he'll grow into it quick--oh this is bringing back so many memories of when Molly's feet didn't reach to the foot part of her jammies

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I bought preemie boy sleepers from sears, but they are really short, so they didn't fit long. If you are by a Gap baby store they have a 0-7lbs size that fits really nice, my daughter has been wearing it since 4lbs 12oz and it fit really nice. good luck
crystal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts