Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to post that if someone is in need, my baby girl will soon be outgrowing her preemie attire. And if someone here would like to put it to good use (such as a mom who knows she will be delivering prematurily) you are more than welcome to have her clothes! Just post here, or PM me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't have any to send out, but I wanted everyone to know that Target does carry some preemie stuff.
I got some things for my DD there and they were pretty reasonable
The items I found were part of their "Just One Year" line and made by Carters. I needed them fairly quickly and I was very happy to be able to pick a few items there.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Walmart does, too. Also you can give them to the NICU. We didn't have any clothing so I was very grateful for what the hospital have and am giving them the 6 preemie outfits I have.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
We don't have any to offer (donated to our NICU) but I wanted to add that we found Gymbouree preemie to fit really well (borrowed from our nicu) as did the Carter's brand and Little Me preemie sizes.

Our Target didn't carry preemie sizes so call ahead, and the Walmart brand stuff was too big for several weeks. At 4mo and 14lbs he finally fit into their 6-12lb sleepers that we bought for when he was 5.5lbs. What a joke.

Also, for onsie/undershirts with snaps, we found the Gerber brand to fit much smaller (better) than Carters.

Our preemie spent most of his days in a diaper and blanket.
Upon taking him home the Drs told us to crank the heat and bring out some shorts for ourselves so we spent the Wisconsin winter topless (kangaroo care) and in a balmy 75degree house.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I don't have any to offer either (I'm saving mine right now in case I need it for this one, and once I'm done, I'll be donating to the NICU, as they gave us a couple sleepers in the first place), but I want to ditto that Gerber fits really well in the early days of fitting into preemie clothes period. They seemed to be the smallest fitting of all. I was so excited when we outgrew Gerber, then Carters, then everything else.

Walmart has a little Gerber gift set consisting of a sleeper or two, a couple shirts, hat, etc. They have it in boy and girl style (blue and pink). Also, BRU has a pretty good selection of preemie stuff. They actually have a section labeled "preemie".

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I forgot about Little Me. I found a rack of it at Nordstroms for $10 and there was a bunch of preemie stuff.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I was just going to say that Gap has, or at least had and you could find on e-bay, a 0-3lb line...it's very small, like onesies and a romper in pink, white, and blue is it, but it was all my baby could wear for the first 3 weeks (and she was 4 1/2lbs, just weirdly proportioned I guess). After that my favorites were little me and gymboree, she wore preemie clothes for about 2 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.