Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I cloth diapered my dd who is 6   I never got into it with my last 2 boys  and now expecting again due march   </p>
<p>I have 2 sons now that are 2 and 14 months  i want to get started using cloth with them but I dont know where to start   Do prefolds work for older kids?  I mean without frustration maybe for day time even   And what cover is best for an older baby?  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had pockets before with them and hated stuffing unstuffing so i was thinking maybe AI2 and prefolds would work better?   Has anyone used the best bottoms system for older kids?</p>

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
<p>You could definitely do prefolds with older kids.  You could just trifold them in a good-fitting wrap style cover.  I wouldn't bother with an AI2 system b/c they are all just glorified and expensive trifolding prefolds in a cover.  If you go this route, get the length prefold that is the same length as the cover, b/c you don't need extra to wrap around the hips.  GMD has good pics of this.  I would not trifold with a newborn, though, b/c their liquid poop will get on the cover and you will need a ton of covers.  Definitely use a snappi with a newborn.</p>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Okay next question What covers are best for newborns then with older children?   </p>
<p>I know I don't care for pockets  stuffing gets so old </p>
<p> </p>
<p>For newborns  are the yellow NB best or is it best to start with orange? </p>
<p>Sorry so many ?  LOL</p>

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
<p>I love the orange edged prefolds from GMD under either a Thirsties Duo wrap cover or NB Prorap cover. The regular sized Thirsties work really well after the cord falls off (at least with dd).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And prefolds work well with older kids too - Icd'd two of my three boys and used prefolds the entire time (along with other diapers too). Personally I like snappi'ing no mater the age - it seems trimmer to me (my boys always seemed droopy when I trifolded in a cover, but that might have been their body shape. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts