Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several questions and would like info/opinions. We're cding #3 and I'm about to buy another big bundle of prefolds. I'm happy with our cpfs but am wondering about what weebees calls european cpfs. The site says they are stronger and more durable (and a little cheaper). Anyone have experience?

Also, where's the best deal? Everything seems to average out with shipping. I'm looking to buy about 5 doz. total so maybe someone has discounts for big purchases?

I'm thinking I'm going to get my wraps from dy-dee.com and maybe order from naturalebaby.com or weebees. I've actually only made big purchases from weebees and have always been happy with their products and service.

I've been doing the cding thing for several years but am pretty cheap so I've never branched out. I'm willing to branch out in the prefold area if someone is just dying b/c what they have is all consuming and wonderful.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have some european prefolds and I really like them. They don't quilt up as fluffy as chinese pf's do though. They remind me of the old Gerber (not the store ones) dsq's that I used to use years back. I have the 4-6-4 infant ones and I just got some in the bigger size too (but are still to big on my 4 1/2 mo old). These euros are durable but if you are looking for a nice quilty pf this is not it.

And I don't know who does big discounts - perhaps someone else here can help you with that.

Good luck deciding!

M

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
The granitsmith diaper store on ebay has lots of different prefolds, has super fast shipping and are great. I haven't tried european prefolds but have tried the regular, premium, and Indian. My fav are the indian prefolds. Here is a link for the ebay store. http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=12506048
Also just wanted to say, if you are happy with what you have then there is no harm in keeping it that way. But it is fun and addicting to branch out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have both bleached and ub cpf, Euro prefold and the Indian combed cotton. I don't really care for the Euro prefold. It probably will last longer than any of the others, but it is sort of rough IMO and is VERY pilly. Like a pp said, they don't quilt up and they don't really seem as thick as the other prefolds. They also stain really easily. If you want to try something new, you may want to get a sample of the Indian combed cotton prefold from Granitesmith's e-bay store. These are really nice, soft, thick prefolds. But they are considerably smaller than the cpf.

HTH,

Jenny
SAHM to Noah (4), Joshua (2) and csection Sarah 10/16/03

·
Registered
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ManiacMama
I don't really care for the Euro prefold. It probably will last longer than any of the others, but it is sort of rough IMO and is VERY pilly.....They also stain really easily.
My thoughts exactly
Here's what I've found to be the case with my prefold stash - The Euro's will by far outlast the cpf's and indian combed...but at the cost of softness, stain release and they are very pilly. The Indian Combed Cotton ones are by far my most absorbant prefold - also very soft...but you do compromise a little in size as they run narrower in width than cpf's do. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised your Euro's are pilly? Mine are not at all...... strange! They've been in heavy rotation for 4.5 mos now and I have yet to see a pill on them. I have a front loader washer though.... could that be the difference?
I also find no more staining with them then my other pf's (BT and a few UBcp's). And if there is a stain I just sun them and it's gone.

Basically though if you want a workhorse dsq Euros will do that. But I totally agree with the fact that they are not as soft and they do not quilt.

Sometimes the best thing to do is order a bit of each pf to see what you like. Sometimes variety will quench just what you are looking for!

M

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies. My mind is being put at ease by your posts. I'm in the last six wks. of pregnancy and getting that frantic feeling. I figure I'm going to stick with what I know or order samples. I love my cpfs - thick, soft, quilty but have been disheartened because the ones that have been through 2 kids are starting to fray and get holes. It's probably our water and I shouldn't complain since they've been used probably hundreds of times!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like to think that I am the cheapest, but I could be wrong. I offer free shipping on orders over 200 and I know there are other sites that do the same,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts