Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you use the prefold & velcro/front snap wrap method on your toddlers, I'm just curious if you all have problems with the diaper bunching between the legs? I've had this problem with both my kids and so tend to use my homemade fitted if I use a wrap style cover, but since I have so many prefolds I'd like to be able to use these in my wraps as well as in my pull on covers. Any suggestions to prevent this problem? I've tried using a snappi on the diaper and the same thing happens.<br><br><br>
Jenny<br>
SAHM to Noah(4), Joshua (2) and c-section 10/16/03 Sarah

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, we always have the prefold bunching between the legs. We have also tried fitteds and they bunch up there too (various brands). Even the inserts in his pockets get that bunched up look. So far, I haven't found anything to prevent that.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Not a problem here. Here's <a href="http://pages.ivillage.com/ulrikedg/id4.html" target="_blank">how I do prefolds on my toddler... er... preschooler</a>. I do the same method on my 6 month old.

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
I had a problem as well- and only used pins/snappis- could never seem to make the wrap work. But I have a friend who uses wraps/prefolds only and they work for her toddler.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
We use wraps and prefolds trifolded the "wrong" way, and we only occasionally get bunching. We use regular 4x6x4 CPFs, rather than premiums (4x8x4). I'm wondering if we don't have a problem because we have less bulk.<br><br>
My toddler is also not big in the thighs, if that makes a difference.<br><br>
HTH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts