Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been using prefolds exclusively during the day. They are sooo much easier than fitteds with snaps or pockets with snaps.

I still use FB's at night though. Maybe for the fleece dry feeling, maybe because I don't have a cover I feel can handle an overnighter...

Anyone use prefolds at night? I'm thinking I'd like to get rid of everything but prefolds and covers. Maybe I could use a fleecer line for the same dry feeling?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yup, we use hemp prefolds at night with a fleece topped doubler and wool. We have used FBs, but had leaks as DS is a side sleeper. Love PFs for night.

·
Registered
788 Posts
We've been using prefolds at night (though now I'm going more the direction of fitteds!). We use a premium prefold with a Kissaluvs super soaker doubler, topped with a fleece liner. We always use wool covers. It works fine most of the time, though when ds2 nurses in the middle of the night (he doesn't always) he tends to pee more and wakes up pretty soaked and his PJ's feel slightly damp. I could probably add more absorbency by using hemp doublers instead. But like I said, I'm getting more fitteds so I'll probably pick a nice absorbent one to use for nighttime. But prefolds can be done, you just have to figure out if you need doublers (and how many!).

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
woohoo, ive been using a snappied premium prefold at night, no cover, no doubler, no nothing because. . . . . . . .ds has been dry at night for almost 2 months!!!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
We use pfs at night
Right now our nighttime system is a regular pf w/ an OC fleece topped doubler covered by a rice cashmere KP. Pretty bullet proof if you ask me

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's different now, because dd is usually dry all night these days (unbelievable!), and I've also finally found some fitteds (Little Beetle) that fit well & can handle the first-thing-in-the-morning flood, but before all this, we relied on prefolds (just regular CPF's) in combination with a hemp doublers & a fleece liner (preferably a fleece-topped doubler!), with a fleece cover (Stacinator deluxe--bulky, but works & fits!) and a wool liner between the prefold & the cover. I got a Nighty Newt, and that worked even better, and was trimmer. I really liked the prefolds for nighttime when dd was peeing a lot overnight.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Hi! I do!
I have a heavy wetter, too, and it's literally the only thing I've found that worked (oh, except for a FCB envelope AIO with heavy wetter insert and terry doubler... but those are hard to come by!). This is my PF/Heavy Wetter process...
http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/PhotoAlbum26.html

Oh Claire I don't mean to laugh but that is funny :LOL She looks like she's been inflated

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momsmyjob
Oh Claire I don't mean to laugh but that is funny :LOL She looks like she's been inflated

Well, the awful thing is, about 20 seconds after I took this picture, she literally popped. I had to clean Cicely pieces off the carpet and glue her back together again. It's why she's now 15 months old and still in smalls. I just could never find all of her butt!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I don't like fleece. At least in theory. Sometimes I'm pulled back to the dark side (no offense to the fleece-lovin' mamas... I use my fair share).... but I try not to use it. I'm not crazy about it, but I don't think it's child abuse *to* use fleece either. I'm such a contradiction

ANyway... I *do* use prefolds at night. a premium indian prefold with a hemp doubler often... sometimes a premium ipf with an infant pf inside... or two preemie pfs. All depends on what I have time to grab and wrap up

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Well, the awful thing is, about 20 seconds after I took this picture, she literally popped. I had to clean Cicely pieces off the carpet and glue her back together again. It's why she's now 15 months old and still in smalls. I just could never find all of her butt!

:

:
:

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
We use prefolds at night - usually a toddler sized indian pf, and sometimes I'll put a couple layers of birdseye inside as a doubler (good birdseye - not the gerber stuff). I cover it up with either a Sugarpeas wool or fleece cover and it keeps the pj's and bed dry all night!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
i love love love prefolds, but i just can't seem to do them at night because they are harder to change than fitteds. i guess i am not that adept yet. we use them mostly during the day and then the fitteds at night.

and no, we don't use fleece with them, and no, that's not child abuse! :p

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Spark, you crack me up! Thanks for the link to your dry nights solution, I'm going to try that tomorrow night. Ian just outgrew his Schnoogly UNDers (as in, they fit last night, and tonight they don't!), so we need a new nighttime solution. Right now Ian is sleeping in a pf with a hemp trifold on top of it and a Tykie wool cover. Hope I don't wake up in a puddle. :LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.