Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some new prefolds for my new one due in December
:

I've usually used bleached prefolds as I've been given a bunch of love me downs but will need to buy some new infants... Can anyone tell me if there is a major difference between bleached and natural--unbleached (beside the obvious color?).

I like the look of the unbleached and am leaning towards those but wanted to check in here first. Do they wash up as well, last as long, etc?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think both are great. Both seem to hold up equally as well. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the bleached a tad better. My bleached ones are softer than my unbleached, and I just like the pure, clean look of white as opposed to natural. I love the unbleached too, though. To be honest, after several washes it gets kind of hard to tell some of them apart because the unbleached lighten up. I can mainly tell by the texture and just slightly by the color. Indian prefolds tend to be softer than chinese, though, my bleached cpfs are still softer than my ubipfs. The ipfs also seem to not be as durable, at least mine don't.

I started a thread on prefold variations the other day. Here it is just in case you're interested.: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...25#post5611925

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for sharing the thread!
it has everything I need to know...
and more!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've never used bleached, so I don't have anything really to compare to, but I have to say I LOVE my unbleached Indian prefolds. Love 'em!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts