Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I used infant 4x6x4 ucpf's for the first week or two, and then used them as burp cloths once I stopped using them. My son was 6 lbs 12 oz at birth, but he's already around 14 lbs at 2 months.
I've been using infant 4x8x4 unbleached pf's since then, and they've worked out great for us. DS poos all the time, and so far, we haven't had any leaks. I snappi all the time, and I use Bummis whisper pants over that. The covers are really soft, so they're gently on newborn skin, and they're great at preventing leaks. These covers have prevented at least 4 or 5 major poo messes by catching what leaked out of the diaper (when ds did a major poo). I used the newborn covers for a little over a month and have been using small covers since then. I would recommend getting both, because the leg openings on the small covers were huge on ds at first and wouldn't have been able to prevent leaks.
I suggest buying pre-folds and covers from Colleen at naturalbabies. She has low prices and excellent customer service.
My baby just outgrew his newborn dipes at 2 months old after a major growth spurt, so I just ordered regular ucpf's, but I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of the infant dipes. I think most babies can wear them for at least 4 months.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.