Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I'm expecting baby #3 in February. This will be my first time CDing.
I want to sew some prefolds into prefitteds. I'm unsure of what size to get. I was given lots of newborn and size 1 disposables, so I will use those first but when those are gone switch to prefitteds. What size should I go with? Infant? Will I lose some of the weight range when I sew them into prefitteds?And can you recommend any covers for prefitteds?

Thanks,
Kelli

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
I only just got some pre-fitteds but dd's longies went over it very nicely. I think any cover would work great.
I think what size cpf you'd want would depend pn what size the baby is when he/she outgrows those size 1 sposies.
Angelica's 1 and about 17lbs. Infant is to small and regulars/premium are a tad big but can be folded down.

·
Registered
740 Posts
european prefolds are very trim and flexible, so they fold down in front and/or back easily with not much bulk, and they're wider than cpfs which means that your prefitteds will fit longer as your child's waist gets bigger. Tey're equally absorbant to premium cpf or maybe more. I think they're perfect for a prefitted because when you cut out the sides for leg holes, you remove some of the 'bulk' from the prefold being so wide, but you get the benefits of the wider waist. Plus, after a few washes they take a snappi well (even though they're very dense. I'm getting ready to ask someone to make some of these for my son too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your reply. I never heard of the european prefolds so I will look into those. I was trying to think about size, and looking over my 2nd baby's baby book to see what her weight was in the different months, etc. Just as a rough estimate since I have no idea if this one will be anything like that or not. I still haven't decided on the size, I'll have to give more thought to that.

I appreciate your help.

Kelli

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.