Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I thought there are a few of us out here and thought it would be nice to talk about what it's like to keep running/wogging while pg.

So some questions: how far along are you? How is your running going? How has it changed? When have you/will you stop running?

I am 17 weeks, my running is going well, but slow. I've had to reduce how often I run (now it's every other day so I can rest), how far (used to be a range of 3 - 10 miles, now it's 3 - 6), and definitely how fast! (used to be ~8-9 min miles depending on whether pushing jogger, alone, speedwork, etc and now it's closer to 11-12 min miles).

I haven't stopped yet and I guess I will when it doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Kathleen-I'm down to just walking now. Trying for 3 miles a day, but some days I'm more dedicated. I stopped running at about 22 weeks this time. I'll be 29 weeks on Thursday. I ran until 29 weeks with Griffin, but this time I was getting weird pulling in my stomach and didn't need the added stress.

I think it is great that you are still running 3-6 miles at a time. I was only running a max of 3 miles at a time. Can't believe you were runing up to 10 miles while pregnant. And at a pace of 8-9 min miles no less. 8-9 min miles not pregnant is a stretch for me.

Keep up the good work

Patti

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I'm here (34 weeks), but I'm not even a wogger anymore.
I am trying to walk most every day, though. I ran until about 5 1/2 months along and then the pelvis pain just got to be unbearable. I'm going nuts missing my outlet and I can just feel myself getting flabbier by the day. Not good.

BBM and Patti-you are both doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh nononono! I wasn't running that while pregnant! That was before pregnant that I could run 10 miles at the faster pace!! Hahahaha! There is NO way I could do that now. And the six miles? It takes me like an hour and 15 minutes (before I could do it under 60). I'm not quite 18 weeks yet. I have slowed down more and more. I got some weird pulling yesterday so I stopped and walked too. So who knows, some days I feel like I'll keep running the whole time, others I think my days are numbered.

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about it and I think actually that 6 mile run may take me even longer than that...I know it's usually around 36-40 to get to the halfway point...

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I was doing well wogging until I hurt my foot about 5 weeks ago. I think it must have been a bad sprain or a fracture even because it is still really painful. Bummer.

I have been able to bike without much pain and do some 3mile-ish walks on it. But then it gets very stiff and painful afterward.

I made a fitness plan for myself to try to work on my fitness level as I feel really deconditioned. I am about 20 pounds overweight, on top of the pound a week baby weight right now and I am really feeling it when I move.

I am coming to accept that I may not be running anymore until after this babe is born. I am getting over it a bit even though I am sad about it. So, I am just plugging along doing what I can. If my foot feels better in the next couple weeks I may try a wog but we'll see.

ND

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stalk away baby!

I'll be on later tonight for a while after dd goes to bed...it's too hard to divide attention...

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
OK revise everything I just said

Got hit by a huge, surprise thunderstorm walking with the kids to the coop. I took off my flip flops and ran 2 miles barefoot in the storm to get them under cover. It was crazy and beautiful all at once. The water pouring over the sidewalks was warm like bathwater!

I felt a bit self conscious now and then, there was much jiggling all around and my clothes were plastered to my skin
I said F it though, all the people watching were sitting nice and dry in their cars while I sploshed through the storm!

My foot hurts now but not any more than it does after I walk. It is very numb and tingly. My chiropracter friend says she thinks I may have something lumbosacral going on with that and I am starting to think so too. My sacrum feels like it has disconnected from the rest of the anatomy in my back though. Ouch. I think I need to get to yoga tonight to see if she can show me some poses to make it feel better.

Anyway, I know I sound like an old fogey with my list of laments but actually I am feeling great and so psyched about my surprise run. If I can figure out how to make my sacrum feel like it should again I think I will be doing some wogs in my near future

ND

1 - 13 of 13 Posts