Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell what they're having by how they feel early on. With my boys by 8 wks I was very sick and very exhausted. With this one, I'm a little queasy but nothing like before and I'm not that tired, I actually have trouble sleeping at night. Last night I was up every 1/2 hour or so. So I'm thinking could this babe be a girl....

· Registered
2,494 Posts
well I *knew* what I was having by just a hunch or feeling. not based on symptoms. If I go by symptoms I would be totally lost as my first pregnancy (girl) and second (boy) were almost identical. This time its a girl and its totally different than my first girl pregnancy... symptoms are not really reliable... then I guess neither are hunches lol But I think I read 80% of women are right with there hunches or intuition...

· Registered
9,952 Posts
I don't remember noticing anything different between my two boys and girl pregnancies, honestly. I never had morning sickness with either one. However, with this little one, I've felt sort of nauseous, so who knows???

The one difference I remember is when I had an ultrasound around 12 weeks or so. The U/S tech told me that DD was a girl based on her heart rate. She was... but I've heard that really isn't reliable. Still, that didn't stop my Mom from going slightly pink crazy.

· Registered
517 Posts
All of my pregnancies have been pretty similar. I always just get a feeling as to what I'm carrying, though. I've been right both times so far. I think I'm having a boy this time, the feeling just came to me about a week ago.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if we go by feelings only then I'm thinking girl. I almost bought a pink teddy bear the other day b/c of a hunch. Time will tell if I'm right.

· Registered
397 Posts
My first two pregnancies were totally different and they both ended up being boys. This included the baby's heart rate, very fast for my older son, and much slower for my second. Their heart rates correspond very well to their personalities (the oldest is much more energetic and high strung). I do think that intuition is reliable. I KNEW my oldest was going to be a boy, I just had a strong feeling. With the second, we really wanted another boy and I think that want clouded my intuition and I wasn't able to tell one way or the other. This time I am back at not caring if it is a boy or a girl and I have a strong feeling again that its a boy.

· Premium Member
3,785 Posts
My pregnancies were totally the same, really, remarkably similar. I was sure DS was a girl, because things were all the same as they were with DD. I also was sure intution wise he was a girl. I ended up having several later u/s due to placental previa, a car accident, etc. and every time I kept asking are you SURE it's boy? Really sure?? And he was!!

· Registered
3,818 Posts
I don't know. The 1st time I was sure I was having a boy and even talked about [him] as if he was a boy. Then, 24 weeks later....
lol

This time around I am not going to say. But DH is adamant I'm having a boy.

Pregnancy so far has been the same symptoms but much more severe. I've already gotten some symptoms such as complete fatigue and migraines...last time I got those around 10-12 weeks.

Maybe I will leave it up to my little sister. She said last time "you're having a girl! we'll have tea parties and dress up and be ballerinas!"

This time, she said I was "stinky for making a boy and she wanted a girl instead"

Kids!

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Had no clue with DS

Strong feeling DD was a boy (lol she is soooo far from a boy too. shes a fluffy pink sparkle sort of girl!)

This one Im nearly convinced is a boy... we will see!

· Registered
291 Posts
With ds, I had a hunch he was a boy. When he was born, his dad caught him and forgot to check to see what he was. A minute or 2 later he thought to look and said, "Oh, it's a boy!" And I was just sitting there holding him thinking "I know, of course he is."

With this one, I'm going back and forth a bit, but keep feeling 'girl'. I don't know if it's just that subconsiously my preference is a girl right now, or if this feeling is accurate. I don't *really* have a preference because I would be very excited about a boy too.

· Registered
6,792 Posts
I tend to put more faith in the TCOYF gender patterns than anything else...sex right before ovulation =s more boys. Sex a few days before ovulation =s more girls.

But since we were BDing all week (
), who knows!

My gut said girl last time, but it was a boy. This pregnancy feels the exact same as ds3's so we'll see. I'm guessing boy, but I have no confidence in own predictions anymore.

· Registered
34 Posts
With my daughter, I felt sick all the time. I felt totally different with my son--awesome really, not sick or tired at all. So mine were totally different. I feel sick this time, so I'm thinking that it's a girl...I guess I have a 50/50 chance of being right

· Registered
1,047 Posts
my first was a girl, i was sure she was a boy and i was really sick with her, i was much less sick with my DS and i guessed he was a boy and i was right (guess i had a 50/50 chance, lol) this time, i feel like it is a girl .. i am more sick , and less tired ( i was more tired with DS) ..though if symptoms indicated gender in my case, this would be 2 girls.. becaus ei feel like i am twice as sick as i was the first time.. ..

· Registered
467 Posts
My two other pregnancies were night and day different and it was different sexes. I didn't have any m/s with my dd or any symptoms really. I was staarved with her right away. With my ds I had pretty bad m/s that lasted until 22 weeks. I didn't feel like eating and had to force myself to eat. This time I having m/s again and don't feel like eating. The nurse said that a lot of her patients do have symptoms with only one sex and she is guessing boy. I don't have any vibes yet and won't be finding out until birth so we shall see.

· Registered
2,744 Posts
I've been pregnant with both boys and girls and really....my pregnancies were pretty similar...sick, sick, and sick some more. I also carried both SUPER high. I always laughed when I was pregnant and people saw how high I was carrying and said it HAD to be a boy. My SIL was adamant about it. She was totally floored when dh called and told her I had a baby girl!!

My girlfriend swears by heartbeat rates. High= girl, Low= boy. And the midwife heard my son's heartbeat in labor and called it a boy because of his lower heartrate (130's)

My OB thinks it's a girl because of a yeast infection in week 7. She said that she sees more YI with girl pregnancies because of the baby's "girl" hormones....we'll see!

· Premium Member
1,942 Posts
My pregnancies with Toad and Frog were polar opposites. Seriously my symptoms and their heartbeats, everything was different.

Both are boys
This pregnancy is much more like the one I had with my first son and now I know that doesn't mean anything except that there is a baby in there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.