Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 4 months pregnant and still having acne issues. I have never had problem-free, crystal-clear skin. However, before becoming pregnant, it was limited for the most part to PMS-related acne. Aloe vera gel seemed to keep it under control. Now it's a constant, though!! The pimples are not huge cysts (fortunately!) but rather smallish whiteheads surrounded by some redness...but they are multiplying. I am self-conscious and tempted to slather makeup on them to cover them up, but I know that's prob. not the best tactic. I work outside the home and so have to face others (seemingly all with clear skin!) on a daily basis. Just at a loss at what to do.<br><br>
Things I have tried: washing face with honey, baking soda (read about that on MDC); using a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water as a toner; evening primrose oil/evening primrose oil cream; emu oil; jojoba oil; oil-free alpha hydroxy gel. These are all things I have read about as being "natural remedies." Of course, nothing has really worked; that's why I'm posting. The "oils" seem like they may have just clogged my pores more, although they are supposed to be cleansing. Oh yeah, trying to drink tons of water and to eat healthy as well.<br><br>
Any of you have any ideas? Anyone get relief at a dermatologist or try anything else that's worked? I have used benzoyl peroxide with success in the past, but I don't think I'm supposed to be using that while pregnant. Also, not sure what a dermatologist would do since I am pregnant. Thanks for any ideas!!!!!! I'm cross-posting in pregnancy as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts