Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my breast lift with implant surgery 8 months ago. Last day I found that I'm pregnant and am wondering if this will ruin my breast implants? I had the implant under the muscle. Now I am worried. Will I regain that saggy look again? Has anyone undergone this procedure ever? What is downtime of recovery could be expected? Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'm not sure you'll find any answers here (as most mom's here aren't the type to opt for implants.) I can say that breastfeeding does cause some sagging of the breasts. It's why many women choose not to breastfeed. Mine are saggy but I don't mind. I figure once I'm done breastfeeding I'll save up for surgery and one day make then look nice again. Although me affording plastic surgery ever is not likely.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
It's a shame people are choosing not to breastfeed over concern for breast shape as it is often pregnancy which causes breast changes, regardless of whether the person breastfeeds or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It's a shame people are choosing not to breastfeed over concern for breast shape as it is often pregnancy which causes breast changes, regardless of whether the person breastfeeds or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I agree completely. And you are right, in some women pregnancy alone augments the breast shape significantly. I was simply stating what the trend was. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Maybe this is something to discuss with the surgeon who did your implants. She knows your case and has probably had far more experience with this than you might think. Give her office a call and ask her to call you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had my breast lift with implant surgery 8 months ago. Last day I found that I'm pregnant and am wondering if this will ruin my breast implants? I had the implant under the muscle. Now I am worried. Will I regain that saggy look again? Has anyone undergone this procedure ever? What is downtime of recovery could be expected? Thanks in advance !!!
i got pregnant about a year after i got implants. mine were a reconstruction so 1 was "over" the muscle as i had no muscle to put it under & the other was under. actually while i did lose some upper pole fullness, over all there isn't as much change at all.

a lot of the final result is going to depend on the size of the implant you have & if you have very thin skin. regardless of how much loose skin you have right after pregnancy your implant will always be in its pocket & in every woman the skin, to varying degrees, will shrink & retract back as the breast reduces within a few months to a year after. with breastfeeding the breasts get settled in to a size & routine after a while too & when you are done breastfeeding they will probably shrink & retract back a little more, but again no biggie.

there are many women who never had any sag without implants at all, so you just don't know, but odds are you will have much much less than you would without. there probably aren't a ton of women on here with implants so i'm not sure how many others can offer feedback. your doctor/surgeon is probably the best person to ask for your personal body as they know your skin, the pocket & your implant best. it's been 12 years now & mine still have a nice amount of upper pole fullness.

i hope that helps & babies are totally far worth whatever they do to the boobs! :grin:

hope that's helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts