Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a m/c in August at 11 weeks and now am pregnant (had one cycle in Sept.). I am about 10 weeks now (due in July). I was wondering how other mamas feel during a pregnancy right after a m/c. It is so different than my first two pregnancies because while I worried the first trimester about a m/c, it was not with the intensity of worry after having the experience of a m/c. I know so many people who have had a m/c, but it was a shock when it happened to me! Does this make sense?

Anyway, I don't feel as excited, maybe because I know how easily tomorrow I could not be pregnant anymore, like last time. I'm sure it will get better as things progress more but now it just feels kind of blah. They even got a heartbeat at my first prenatal, and I thought that would make me feel more confident and it did, for about a day. Anyone else in my boat? What are some other mamas' experiences? THANKS!!

· Registered
90 Posts
Congratulations!! You should come over and check out the pregnancy after loss forum...very informative and similar Mamas over there

I had a m/c in Sept (at 8 wks), and just found out last week we are expecting again. Just like you, I have very mixed emotions--knowing what can happen. Very happy, but nervous as heck! I wish you many sticky vibes.....
Michelle

· Registered
157 Posts
I felt exactly the same way. I don't think I really was able to realx until we saw the baby on ultrasound. We also decided to find out the sex of the baby. We had planned on having a surprise, but it helped make the baby seem more real to know her sex and have a name for her. Good luck!

· Registered
726 Posts
Jules411, I was in exactly the same boat as you.
Had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy in April at about 9 weeks, same thing - saw a heartbeat on an early ultrasound and then nothing...it was as if my body had let me and the baby down somehow, that was all I could keep thinking.

We tried again right away and got pregnant after 2 cycles, we have been very fortunate that we have no problems TTC especially since I've just turned 41 years old. Getting through those first 9 weeks was difficult, then making it to the end of the first trimester, etc, etc. With every week that goes by your confidence will build, and each week, each day, is a little goal that you meet!

I'm now at 22 weeks and being kept awake at night with heartburn and kicking and I LOVE IT. Just hang in there and every day will be better than the last.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks and congratulations to all of you, too! I didn't even notice the "pregnancy after loss" forum. I did visit the pregnancy loss forums during and after the m/c.

Speedknitter, I felt exactly the way you said, like your body let you down. I almost felt tricked, as the ob said the pregnancy stopped growing at about 6 weeks, which was most likely when I took the test that was positive! I don't trust that things are OK just because I am nauseated, tired and in the bathroom all night. I had all of those symptoms the last time.

Thanks again, though. I do know when things progress past the first trimester, it will seem more "real". This is our last baby (we have 2 girls) and I want to enjoy the experience and appreciate it as road I will not travel again (at least that is the plan!!) I know I am so lucky to have the 2 I have and to be blessed again.

Best wishes to you as you wait for your babies!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.