Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with pg after a near-rupture of their uterus? Or know of a board where I can hear stories and get info? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Try ican-online.org and the vbac forum here.

Since you've not shared your story, I can only comment generally. However, I know there are many women who have been told their uterus was "paper thin" or "ready to rupture" when they had a repeat cesarean. The fact is that no one knows what a uterus that successfully vbacs looks like, because you can't see it. I have no idea whether my scar area was "paper thin" after my vbac because no one was looking. I don't think that in most cases it's possible to judge whether a uterus is about to rupture, because no one knows what that looks like. AFAIK no one's seen a rupture happen.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. In my case, I attempted a VBAC and after getting fully dilated and pushing for 4.5 hrs, I had a repeat C-section. It was necessary, and belive me I tried 1,000% to avoid it. I had a large dehiscence from my scar, about 7 inches in diameter, with just the outer layer intact.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Definitely check ICAN. I'm not too familiar with the message boards on the website but I am on their yahoo group, and its a wonderful resource! I know there are lots of moms on there who have had a confirmed dehiscence as well as a couple who have fully ruptured and gone on to have more pregnancies. I'm sure they can be of help to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.