Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had vitaligo since childhood. I have a spot on my back and one on my belly that constantly change. As a child I had big white patches on both eyelids, but as I got older they filled in with pigment. Since I have been pregnant I'm losing some pigment on one eyelid and also in a couple spots on one arm. I'm wondering (and hoping) if it's pregnancy related and the spots might fill back in after I have the baby. If anyone knows anything about pregnancy and vitaligo, please share.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not sure if I can help you with this...I didn't have vitiligo until about 10 months after the birth of my dd.....but my vitiligo was associated with potentially postpartum hyperthyroidism. As soon as I got my thyroid taken care of, my vitiligo stopped its process (its been nearly 3 years and my little white patches are slowly blending in....man, talk about a process).<br><br>
While I am not sure if your new vitiligo is pregnancy related, I'd recommend a check to make sure your thryoid is still in good working condition....good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts