Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few weeks of building discomfort have got me thinking about what I would do if I could take a break. I've decided I only need about an hour to do a few things that would give me such a boost.

Here's my hour:
  • 10 minute run. Just to feel my muscles working without feeling like I have a mud-filled waterballoon under my skin.
  • DTD, missionary position, with all kinds of kissing and close face to face time.
  • bend over at the waist. Just for the hell of it
  • 15 minute nap on my belly.
  • margarita!
I really think I could fit it all in an hour. And then I would happily be pregnant again for the next 9 weeks without complaint. Without the break, my overall joy about being pregnant will likely be punctuated with complaints. I'm thrilled to be having this baby, I know women have had WAY worse experiences than I am, and for the most part it's not too bad. But every once in a while I really want just a little break.

Anyone else day dream about this?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Oh that sounds so very wonderful.

I have often said to dh, can you please just carry this (while holding my belly) for a few minutes and I will gladly take it back?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think that all sounds fantastic!!!!!

For my list I want to steal the DTD from your list and add eat mexican food without heartburn to go with my margarita!!!!

If only DH could hold the babe for just a little bit!!!

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
That sounds fabulous! Oh how I would love a margarita! I'd love to go out to dinner with H and eat tuna sashimi and drink an apple martini and then eat dessert with a cappucino with bailey's. We used to do that a lot back in the pre-DS2 days. I'd also love to go on a weekend vacation with just DH.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I especially miss now the missionary w/ close contact. We can still do it that way, but no longer close. Also my favorite thing to do is lie on top of dh w/ my face nestled in his shoulder along his face, just resting. I tried today and just could not

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
I especially miss now the missionary w/ close contact. We can still do it that way, but no longer close. Also my favorite thing to do is lie on top of dh w/ my face nestled in his shoulder along his face, just resting. I tried today and just could not

I so miss this. That wasn't an option for a long time for me.

I don't know what I would do that I cannot do now, but.. Oh I gt one, I would go clothes shopping and love it. Now clothes shopping, I say don't get that size, I will be out of that in a month.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
A really vigorous deep tissue massage, 15 minutes in the sauna, and a quick nap on my back... just 15 minutes would do. Followed by a mojito and spicy cajun food please!

(I haven't slept on my belly in close to 5 years... pregnancy nixed that option, and then I discovered that breastfeeding didn't encourage belly sleeping either. Sigh. But I'd give a lot right now for a firm mattress and a back nap.)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That sounds nice. I think about these kinds of things everytime I step out of the pool and my weightlessness goes away. I wish I could just live in the pool for the next month!

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Ohh a sauna, that sounds nice! I'd love to sit in a hot tub too. Or take a long really hot bath.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ooooh the nice, deep massage sounds fantastic - laying on my tummy, of course! I miss that! aaaahhh.

And I would really love to stretch my back out. Like get on my knees and really tuck up in a ball to get a nice stretch.

Well, enough daydreaming. My 2 yo is calling!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
oooh.
a hard bike ride, followed by deep tissue massage. some time at the russian/turkish baths. a frozen margarita (or two) - especially in this heat. and some spicy korean food.
that would be so nice. i'd like one day, and then the next eight weeks would seem so much more bearable!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts