Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel this way??? I am 37 weeks and DONE... I generally enjoy being pregnant but when it gets to this point... discomfort, not sleeping well, I am just over it. I either want this baby to come or I want an electric-powered wheelchair that can wheel my tired pregnant self around...

I was walking up our stairs one at a time, at a snail's pace, feeling like a grandma, and just was like "I'm done".... yet it keeps going... and going... and going....

I am not a maintstream mama where I am going to beg to be induced because I am uncomfortable, however, at this point in pgcy I start understanding why some women do... LOL
take care
elaine

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I totally agree. I'm 35 weeks!!

And I'm really trying to enjoy these last few weeks of feeling the baby move inside of me and my "freedom" before my life changes - but I am so excited, anxious, nervous, happy, scared to to go through labor and then finally meet my baby! This last month seems like it's gonna take forever, but we have so much that needs to get done that I have a feeling it will fly by! And I'm also looking forward to how our life will change once the baby will arrive - what will life be like?...

Oh, and there are moments where I want to break down and have it all be over with... I'm tired of my body hurting from all the added weight and pressures and not being able to sleep on my belly or my back... But I also like it in a strange way and will kind of miss all of this...

·
Registered
392 Posts
yep, I'm with yall.
36 weeks. baby grinding head on cervix, OW. glad he's head down though, that's what I tell myself to get through. that combined w/constipation, fun.
achy achy hips. tired. acid last night. swelly ankles. MW said last night, you better hope you go early, I think he's big! hate them. major sensitivity training needed.

in some ways I'd like to go early, but then DH and I would miss first week of maternity leave off together to relax and finalize things before the big event.

ah well, we'll have those little critters in our arms before we know it, right???

·
Registered
502 Posts
Oh, I am so with all of you! I'm 35 weeks, and nothing would thrill me more than to go into labor as soon as I hit magic #37!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Especially if you're counting the months by counting the weeks. Some women are pregnant for nearly 11 months counting that way!

I am soooooooooooooooo done as well and I'm 35 weeks. I just want to bend again. I can't even slouch. And I want my crotch to stop hurting and my sciatic nerve to disapear to wherevere it goes when I'm not pregnant.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I couldn't agree more for all the reasons already mentioned. A lot of people have issue with the 1st trimester, but I'd trade the 3rd trimester for 2 of 1st trimesters any day. I feel like a water buffalo and now it is getting quite hot and humid around here too. A true recipe for crabbiness.

·
Registered
775 Posts
37 weeks here, and yes, it is entirely too long. I can't do anything comfortably these days. Carrying laundry up the steps is impossible, so I have this method of set the basket 2 steps up, I move one step, move the basket, and so on until I reach the top. I'm sooooo done with bearing children after this one! I thought that the 3rd would be the easiest...nope...guess it's cause I'm older or something.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly
Oh, I am so with all of you! I'm 35 weeks, and nothing would thrill me more than to go into labor as soon as I hit magic #37!
Really? At 37 weeks they can still have breathing problems, especially if your dates are off. I want mine to stay in until at last 38 weeks, and I'm 100% positive of the dates!

With my daughter I was definitely feeling the "get it out of me" thing, but not this time. I'm only 36 weeks 3 days though, so maybe that will change.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Well, I'm 32.5 weeks and not exactly loving being pregnant -- but not hating it either (yet). My horrible back pain has subsided to a fairly tolerable level ... amazing how much that changed my outlook on life. The sciatica kicked up on Monday, and my physical therapy that night actually HELPED. I couldn't believe it. Now that it's hot, I've taken to sleeping on an ice pack at night, and I think that's helping too.

So, as long as the back pain stays manageable, I'm hanging in there (although I have quite a few weeks to go!). I am looking forward to being smaller and being able to sleep on my back, and not grunting every time I change position, etc. Oh, and that ice-cold margarita (on the rocks, with lots of salt, please!).

I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most, though, is being done with work!!! It's likely that 7/1 will be my last day, and I cannot wait!!!!!!! I'm thinking something like 3 naps/day should be sufficient

I think giving birth will be bittersweet. Right now it's just me and her. I don't have to share her with anyone, and everything that happens between us is like our little secret. I know when she moves, I know when she sleeps, I know when she has the hiccups, etc. Of course, I love sharing these things with dh, but I'm the one who gets to experience it 24/7, and that's a pretty cool thing. I love feeling her move inside me, although she's getting bigger and those bones are getting harder! I've started gently poking/massaging her through my belly these last few days when she's pressed hard against me. It's fun to try to guess what body part it is.

It's also nice to know that all of her needs are automatically met by my body ... I don't have to worry if she's hungry, tired, needs her diaper changed, has gas, etc. It will be nice to have my body back to myself, but caring for her will be elevated to a whole new level :LOL . But how exciting to finally meet her and see her and hold her. Like many things in life -- especially big changes -- it will be joy mixed with sadness when I bring her into this world
: .

Shana
EDD 7/29/05

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have to keep reminding myself how tough the first few weeks after birth can be and how I felt like a worn out zombie last time. I'm trying to really appreciate these last few weeks with just my hubby and 2 year old ---which I know will feel like "relative calm" in hindsight once the new baby is here. I'm trying to keep telling myself this so I don't get completely taken over with obsessing about when my delivery day will finally come. But... it's hard.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelgie
I'm trying to really appreciate these last few weeks with just my hubby and 2 year old ---which I know will feel like "relative calm" in hindsight once the new baby is here. I'm trying to keep telling myself this so I don't get completely taken over with obsessing about when my delivery day will finally come. But... it's hard.
ITA. I am only 34 weeks, but I, too, am already counting down the weeks until I am term and can "go anytime". Really, though, I should treasure this time. I loved the last week before I had dd (I think that was because I was finally off work). It was the last week dh and I were "alone" together. These last weeks will be my last, G-d willing, having only one child. I should really enjoy dd, enjoy the chance I have to focus on her alone and on the happy threesome that our family is.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ITA about enjoying the last moments with DS as an only child, but I am one of those weirdos who actually sleeps better *after* the baby is born than during these final weeks... I suffer from terrible pregnancy-insomnia and get only maybe 3-5 hours of sleep per night at this stage. *sigh*
take care

·
Registered
359 Posts
I, too, am having terrible trouble sleeping and doubt that I will get LESS sleep after the baby is born. Most of all I am looking forward to losing my constant back ache. I cannot sit or stand in the same position for more than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
OH, yeah, I sleep much better after the baby is born too. Much better. Co-sleeping will do that for you.

I pity the parents who think the baby needs to be in another room in it's own crib. ESPECIALLY if they are bottle feeding. No wonder most new parents complain of no sleep. How much sleep can one get having to lug yourself out of bed every time the baby wakes up and then get settled back into bed, after of course you have settle the baby back into it's bed. Add rinsing or warming and/or mixing bottles on top of that and you've got complete insanity!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.