Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure this is in the right forum, but I figure y'all know what you're talking about.<br><br>
DD weaned rather suddenly with a little help from me while I was out of town. She had been down to 2-3 nursings a day, 2 of which were at night and pretty short, so I don't think I was really producing much milk.<br><br>
For the last few days, I have been having "symptoms" that I associate with pregnancy (vivid dreams, having to pee a lot, fatigue, etc.) It's possible that I am pregnant but of course it's way, way too early to test because I am about a week before AF is due.<br><br>
I'm not particularly anxious but I guess I'm wondering if the fabled hormonal changes with weaning could produce these same symptoms. I'm happy to lay off the allergy medicine for a week to find out, but I'm just perplexed. Everything I've seen about hormonal changes at weaning mentions depression and moodiness, not these other kinds of things.<br><br>
Thoughts?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I didn't notice any changes in my milk until 8 wks although I have heard of some that notice a supply drop at implantation.<br><br>
ETA: Just realized I don't think that answers your question. I'm guessing that weaning probably wouldn't affect you too much if she was already down to so little. We had two days this week when DD only nursed 1x, and it was short. My breasts didn't even get full so I think it we stopped for good my body was probably ready and I wouldn't have any other effects. She is back to nursing at least a couple of times a day though...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts