Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm 21+ weeks pregnant with #2 and I'm ready for a maternity pillow for sleeping at night. I had a boppy one with my daughter. But, for one, it got destroyed. My husband took it from me after DD was born
But, for two, I never liked it that much. It was a wedge pillow and every time I rolled over I had to lift the covers drag it over and reposition. We have a queen size bed, so it has to fit in there with us. Anyone try a pillow they love?

· Registered
1,275 Posts
rclaz, it really is worth it. I bought mine when I was around 20 weeks as well. Im just under 32 weeks now. I cant sleep without it.

It is very long, and curved, so you can wrap it however you need it. I use it behind me, with the bottom through my legs and the top under my head and I hug it in front..Hard to explain. It takes the pressure off my back and hips big time.

· Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I have been trying to use two regular body pillows to create a 'Snoogle' effect. How is the Snoogle different then just using the two pillows? I need support behind me when I lay on my side because I am really a back sleeper.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
The body pillows are straight, not curved, and that makes a huge difference to me. Plus the way I like to pull it down my back very tight I don't think I could do with 2 pillows.

http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/snoogle.html If you look at these pictures, I do it just like the lady in the picture with the pillow behind my back.

If you click on the "see more positions" the "Double Up" Is nice for sitting up in bed to watch TV or read.

Its very multi functional.

· Registered
976 Posts
FWIW- I have a Leachco all-nighter (similar to the snoogle) and I HATE the neck/head part of the pillow. It took weeks for me to get used to sleeping with and even now I still want to cut it up and just use multiple pillows. It was a present so I feel bad wanting to destroy it, but I have had to supplement it with the boppy wedge and some buckwheat pillows to keep my head/neck and tummy happy as I grow. Not a fan of the total body pillow at all.

· Registered
940 Posts
I second (third? forth? fifth?) the snoogle. DH says that I love it more than I love him. No comment.

· Registered
432 Posts
I think I'll add an *AMEN* to the snoogle vote. I had one w/#1, and slept like a dream the whole time. Then we moved, ds was born, and the snoogle, all covered in my drool (I was a sleep-droolin' fool while I was pg), got banished to the basement. It sat 10 ft from the catbox for over a year, and now it smells like a musty basement and a catbox. Nice.

Trying to save some money, I went out and bought a regular body pillow. ****NOT***** the same!!!!!!!!! I've already kicked that thing out of bed. Now i'm trying to decide when is going to be a good time to drive the 1.5 hours to the nearest BRU to get me a new snoogle.

· Registered
10 Posts
I have what looks like this Back 'n Belly one. It is large, but it is really awesome. What I like about it is that it has the two long sides. That way, I can get comfortable easily when I switch from right side to left side during the night. I don't have to pull or move a pillow around to stay comfie. It took a few days to get used to during my last pregnancy, and this time I got it out much earlier and I am SO glad I did. So far, sleeping great!

http://www.target.com/Back-N-Belly/d...e=1&rh=&page=1

When I bought it (2+ yrs ago) I believe it may have had a different name, and it was definitely more expensive.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm 21+ weeks pregnant with #2 and I'm ready for a maternity pillow for sleeping at night. I had a boppy one with my daughter. But, for one, it got destroyed. My husband took it from me after DD was born
But, for two, I never liked it that much. It was a wedge pillow and every time I rolled over I had to lift the covers drag it over and reposition. We have a queen size bed, so it has to fit in there with us. Anyone try a pillow they love?
I am using the Leachco back and belly contoured body pillow, for both back and belly support so that I dont have to change positions in the middle of the night. You can try this link for a few more suggestions.:wink:

http://pregnancypillows.org/#sthash.LNtbYdp3.TaNBKOJ2.dpbs

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Janet :) Thank you so much! I actually started this thread in 2009. My son, who I was pregnant with when I wrote this, is turning 5 in 2 weeks!! BTW, about 3 months ago, my husband finally agreed to throw out our Snoogle. Long lasting, many uses, it really worked. TOP vote from here :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts