Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi! I stumbled across <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/219049/pregnancy-snack-ideas-please">this amazing thread</a> tonight and thought I'd share! </p>
<p><br>
What else do you recommend snacking on these days? </p>

·
Registered
154 Posts
<p>My first trimester has been humbling because I'm such an anti-sugar crusader normally in life!   But boy, all I wanted was carbs, and specifically sweet things.   I tried to lots of cold fresh fruit.   THat tasted SO good.  And then I'd add whatever protein I could stomach - yogurt (tried to keep it low sugar but wasn't super successful), cheese, nuts, etc.  </p>

·
Registered
255 Posts
<p>Yes, what Fertilemyrtle said - my ideal diet has done out the window over the last few weeks, and I'm slowly making my way back! I recently (re)discovered peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (whole wheat bread, natural PB, fruit preserves.) Yum.</p>

·
Registered
551 Posts
<p>I have a mix of walnuts and raisins with me at all times - it's PERFECT for blood sugar crashes and if you wrap it or put it in a small container it's good in the purse.</p>

·
Registered
423 Posts
<p>I found myself always with a ziplock bag of crackers in my purse. Especially those nutty seedy crackers by "marys gone crackers". they always helped me. full of flax seeds etc, and just the right size.</p>

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I love almonds or walnuts with fresh veggies(celery, cucumber, broccoli) or fruit(apples are my favorite this pregnancy).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts