Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone feeling?

I have zilch symptoms so far. With my daughter I started feeling pregnant around week 6-8. So I'm trying to enjoy not having morning sickness while I can.

Mentally I am super chill. Way more so than with my first. It is comforting to not feel like I'm stepping into a total unknown. I'm also loving the excuse to get an extra workout in. I've been getting up and instead of cleaning house, I've been going on walks. The house is a bit dusty but my soul is happy.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I'm not feeling very good but I'm so early it's really kinda freaking me out... I actually was dry heaving while driving my car down the freeway yesterday afternoon which I REALLY hope was a fluke because a) I have never done that in my life, b) omg what?? and c) no thank you!

BUT, otherwise I'm good.
I'm not even 4w yet. My tests are so insane dark for being early, I'm wondering if there's a whole lotta hcg going on...

Reactions: valerievalira

·
Registered
824 Posts
I started getting symptoms the day before I tested, so last Wednesday. I was only 3 weeks plus 3! I got light headed and felt odd, so I tested the next day. I already have to pee what feels like every 5 minutes, and I was mildly nauseated on and off all weekend but it hit tonight full force. Oh and pregnancy nose. That's delightful. A lot of cramping too which makes me so paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@NaturallyKait How neat to find out so early! I have to admit I have no idea what pregnancy nose is, though. Is it like frequent nose bleeds or just stuffiness.

Cause I'm def stuffier than normal.

·
Registered
824 Posts
@NaturallyKait How neat to find out so early! I have to admit I have no idea what pregnancy nose is, though. Is it like frequent nose bleeds or just stuffiness.

Cause I'm def stuffier than normal.

Haha, well there's pregnancy rhinitis which would explain the stuffiness (which yep, I get), and there's also what my friends like to call "pregnancy super nose" where you can smell everything. Heightened sense of smell and it's a pain when there's a bad smell somewhere but you can't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Ugh morning sickness is hitting worse every day. : gag :

Wearing seabands and using apple cider vinegar and honey in my water but it's still bad...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@BirthFree And just like that someone turned on my all day sickness button. I've not heard of the apple cider vinegar and honey trick- do you put both in at the same time or alternate? I know apple cider varies greatly bu brand- any one you particularly recommend or is this an excuse to go to Whole Foods and go a bit crazy?

And wholey moley am I having some crazy nightmares! I don't remember having nightmares with my first and while I can, in a crazy woman way, kind of enjoy the sickness (grow baby grow)... these nightmares... ugh.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
@BirthFree And just like that someone turned on my all day sickness button. I've not heard of the apple cider vinegar and honey trick- do you put both in at the same time or alternate? I know apple cider varies greatly bu brand- any one you particularly recommend or is this an excuse to go to Whole Foods and go a bit crazy?

And wholey moley am I having some crazy nightmares! I don't remember having nightmares with my first and while I can, in a crazy woman way, kind of enjoy the sickness (grow baby grow)... these nightmares... ugh.

Aw shoot!! I'm sorry!

You use 1Tbs honey, melt it in just a tiny bit of hot water, add 1tsp acv (I use organic spectrum brand) and add 1 quart cold water. It's so helpful!

Reactions: valerievalira

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm waiting for the nausea to kick in full time. I was nauseous last night while at my daughter's Girl Scout cookie booth, and I'm feeling slightly yucky this morning. I don't want the nausea, but in a crazy way it makes me feel better, bc I know my baby is healthy. I certainly don't care for the length of time I'm sick. With #1 I was sick morning, noon, and night for 20 weeks. #2 morning and night for 22 weeks, and #3 I had nausea for 16 weeks and I threw up many times a day. Oh well, Aat least I've made it through with three healthy babies.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Zero symptoms.

Which is not enteriley unexpected as I had no morning sickness with my two others, so I am hoping the trend keeps on going.

I remember first trimester exhaustion being a thing last time, but barely noticeable this time around. I think mostly because i am just so damn tired all the time.

I used to have a lot of intestinal symptoms (super gassy, bloating), and have barely had any this time beyond the expected constipation. I think it might be because I went dairy free the day after I got my positive (not pregnancy related, I have been having some weird GI stuff, so I am eliminating all dairy for a month and then will have a dairy fest and will see what happens).

I do think I might be having a bit more of a belly. Ugh, 3rd baby, it happens soon. But since I don't feel bloated it's not annoying

ETA: Oh and cramping. A surprising amount of it, which makes me a bit nervous. That and the lack of symptoms have me feeling a bit tentative this time around about whether this is for real

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm not feeling very good but I'm so early it's really kinda freaking me out... I actually was dry heaving while driving my car down the freeway yesterday afternoon which I REALLY hope was a fluke because a) I have never done that in my life, b) omg what?? and c) no thank you!

BUT, otherwise I'm good.
I'm not even 4w yet. My tests are so insane dark for being early, I'm wondering if there's a whole lotta hcg going on...
....twins?

·
Registered
633 Posts

I'm actually having fun ridiculous dreams :) Last night was about going back to college to visit and then going into a secret underground photo lab but I didn't know any of the people there and then they asked me how I came in and I said through the secret passageway and they didn't know about it so I went back with a couple of them to show them and we got stopped by the police on the way there and then it started snowing. All sorts of random stuff

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
@chispita , my blood draws are so insane high... if it's not two then you could knock me over with a feather. Ultrasound today, to check for a heartbeat, so we'll see.

(My husband will die if it is).

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Just one baby and one heartbeat measured 6w... so high hcg (23,945 at 5w2d) is either so so outside of normal-random or a sign of something else. Who knows. It is what it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
7+3 now and I feel sick and miserable most of the time, but worse than that is the chronic tiredness. I'm not sleepy, I just have zero energy. I don't want to move. I hope it passes soon!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Just one baby and one heartbeat measured 6w... so high hcg (23,945 at 5w2d) is either so so outside of normal-random or a sign of something else. Who knows. It is what it is.
Hopefully it's... just a weird thing (as in nothing real or concerning). ?

I'm still feeling exhausted and that's hard. We've had to do so much in our house because we had the sewer line replaced, so we had to conpletely clear out two rooms to have the foundation jackhammered up, reassemble the rooms, then we did a huge room shuffle between the family room and a bedroom, moving my sewing room and two kids into a room and... ugh... it's been a lot! Plus, you know, just caring for the six kids I already have is exhausting on its own, lol!

·
Registered
143 Posts

Sometimes nightmares and vivid dreams seem to be linked to extra B vitamins (especially B12), so if you recently switched vitamins or started a B complex you might want to reduce your dose and see if it helps. Happened to my dad once and to a friend of mine and eliminating the B vitamins worked right away. But obviously talk to your doctor or midwife if you're on them because you're deficient.

So far for me, I'm dizzy and tired, and my boobs hurt a lot. I already have low blood pressure outside of pregnancy so the hormones are kicking in right away I guess. They aren't kidding when they say the symptom start earlier in your second pregnancy! My boobs are SO sore and I'm leaking colostrum already!

That said, emotionally and financially I am in a much better place this time, so I'm pretty excited. Just trying to eat and drink more to keep my energy up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts