Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies!

I have a pregnancy test question that I hope someone can help with because I'm going crazy with worry! I had a miscarriage last year, so I'm probably too easily worried
. I took both a first response and a clearblue digital on Sunday the 10th at ab 10-11 dpo. I took the first response first thing in the am and it had a faint positive. I took the digital in the afternoon and it said pregnant. I retook them both yesterday afternoon at ab 12-13 dpo and the digital said not pregnant and the first response had a fainter line than Sunday so of course I freaked out! I realize that fmu is best so I retook the same brands of tests first thing this am (13-14 dpo) and the digital says pregnant again but the first response is still faint (fainter than 10 dpo but not by much). I'm going in for bloodwork this week, but I'd like to save myself more worry. I think my hcg levels might be lowering instead of getting higher. Is it normal for the faint pregnancy test to not get darker after 3 days? Is it normal to not have a darker line 13-14 dpo on a 26 day cycle? Do you think this is a chemical pregnancy?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know this is alot easier said than done but step away from the pee sticks!
you had a positive test so you are preggo, the dyes on test (even 2 from the sme box) can vary. Bloodwork to confirm pregnancy is a great next step. Then just sit back and enjoy!
I am 6 weeks pregnant now and did the same thing, spent money on alot of test, compared lines I even had my HCG drawn evey 2 days to make sure they were going up and they werent doubling like they should. I was worried sick, went for a sonogram just yesterday expecting the worse and I saw my baby and its heartbeat. sometimes things dont follow the textbook. once you confirm pregnancy with the doc...enjoy it! I had a miscarriage in Nov so I know its hard but remember what ever is in gods plans will be.

congrats

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I was going through the same thing. The pregnancy after miscarriage hypnosis track is really helpful to relax and trust. I wish you a healthy and happy 36 more weeks!

Jenne

·
Registered
309 Posts
congrats!! Test dyes vary a lot but we all want to see dark lines every time. I am constantly comparing my symptoms to when I was carrying my ds. It's enough to drive you crazy every day!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had my first blood work done today at about 15 dpo (day 30 of cycle, 2-4 days late) and my beta/hcg was 38 and my progesterone was 3.3. It was 13 at cycle day 21. Is any of this normal or does this look like a threatened pregnancy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.