Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies! I have heard some wonderful things about this website and decided to join up. A bit of background: We tried to conceive since 2004, and after many years of heartbreak, loss, and finally being told we would never be able to have children - we had a beautiful, healthy daughter in 2013! Our biggest joy in life, and our surprise miracle! Well, we recently decided to try for a second child. I figured it would be a repeat performance of our past history, that it would take years or never happen at all. I'm not getting any younger, after all ;)

Somehow fate has smiled on us and I am pregnant! First try! What! crazy, right? It feels very surreal, like something out of a movie. I took 4 home pregnancy tests, which is silly, but it was reassuring to see that faint line get darker every morning. I'm still hesitant to believe things will be okay, but I'm determined to stay positive and hopeful! My doctors office sent me for a blood test today, and I will have one again next Wednesday to rule out ectopic pregnancy. I have one fallopian tube due to a prior experience with an ectopic. Just looking for a happy group of Mom's to chat with to keep me from worrying so much, and I hear tell this is the place to be. Thanks for having me! Happy pregnancies to us all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts