Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be nice to have a "one thread" to come to for support during this next phase of our lives after loss. We can come here and share updates-happy or sad, ask questions, or just to chat with someone who understands and is going through the same thing.
I know there are a few of us here that have suffered from late term losses and are pregnant again(some of us even due soon!)
Please come and share the love and support here

Brandi

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wilkers-I think you have a lot to contribute, I have been following your thread and you are such a wise mama.
As I am wanting this to be a comfort thread and a place to share the good with the bad I think this will be a very welcome place for you. You are so supportive of so many of us here, even if you feel you may not be, you are. Right now you are the pioneer so to speak and that is a challenging and scary place to be in. We are here for you too!

I am feeling pretty good. I am a mere 5w3d so I feel like I have eternity ahead of me. I am so tired and having headaches and am nauseous so everything seems to be working right. I took another preg test because my first two were so faint and this one was super dark! I find myself comparing my pregnancies and am actually finding comfort in it. My pregnancy with Galadriel felt so off from the beginning and this one feels normal and right. Dh is really good with keeping me calm and focused and to not stress out.
Love to you all!
Brandi

·
Registered
317 Posts
i would like to join this thread--i havent posted on the preg/birth loss forum for a long long time. i lost my first baby at five months gestation, he was born still. thats a whole different story than what im wanting to share on this specific thread... anyways--i now have a seven month old boy, who is healthy and happy. i was on strict bedrest for five months of my pregnancy with him, NOT fun and very scary, but definitely worth it. i would love to chat with anyone going through bedrest now if they need it. anyways, i just wanted to share to everyone that there is hope. i know that no baby will ever take the place of the one(s) we've lost, but i want to give the hope that you can have a successful pregnancy. blessings to all~

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Great Idea for a thread. I like it. I am 21 weeks today and feeling pretty good. I had a dream about a little baby girl and i'm not sure if it was a dream of what could have been or what will be - perhaps a little of both. I rarely dreamed about Julianna and haven't had hardly any baby dreams with this one so for me its a big deal. In the dream it felt so good to have a little one in my arms. I'm feeling very pregnant all of a sudden. Feeling hungry all the time and having the worst heartburn - not my favorite part of pg but also feeling baby somersaulting around and i love that.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
berkeley-so glad you found this thread! I can't believe you are 21 weeks already. Time flew by. Your dream sounds so peaceful. It will come true!!
Love to you........
Brandi

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I can't believe it either. Time is so strange isn't it? Back in May, I never thought i'd see this many months go by. I imagined myself pg at x-mas and it seemed like such a far off goal. Now x-mas has come and gone and it feels like the time has flown. Of course now that all the business of the holidays are over, i feel like the next 4.5 months are gonna crawl by slow as molasses and i don't know how i'm gonna make it. PAL is so scary, exciting, confusing -aah! Pg is always a period of waiting. Last year, I remember thinking how long it felt before my due date and then it came and went all too fast. I really wish i could fast forward to May after my baby is born. I'm gonna be a nervous wreck scared that this one will leave at the last moment just like Julianna. At the same time, i'm really looking forward to labor. Weird huh?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm here, 18 weeks today, although I, like wilkers, am not very optimistic. I just can't get past that contant DOUBT. I had my last appt. on weds, and my bp was WAY high, at 157/88, and my baseline is about 110/60... plus there was already trace protein. My ob said just to drink more fluids.
: So most likely I'll be buying a blood pressure thing for at home since I did have pre-e in two of my pregnancies.

Anyhoot, I'm having an ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning to see how the little one looks. Can't wait for that
Felt a bit of movement, bumps here and there, but I'll be glad when I feel baby moving ALL the time! I just keep telling myself over and over that I'm not leaving the hospital again without a baby this time!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Oh Sarah Honey....
It is so good to hear from you....I haven't seen you around in so long. I am clicking my heels in excitement for you and this new little baby of yours!!!!
Can't wait to hear all about the ultrasound!!!

Not pg...just came to wish my love and blessings to you all!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dear Sarah,
I am so happy that you found this thread and posted. I have been thinking of you. I am sending you peace and love. I am sorry that your blood pressure has been so high, I am actually baffled that your doctor showed so little concern considering your history. Please keep us updated on your ultrasound.
Here are some things that may help you with your high bp. These are all things I found in a Wise Woman Herbal.
*go for walks outside
*up your protein
*eat a whole ripe cucumber every day
*affirmations, meditation "my blood pressure is normal and low"
*juice of half a lemon or lime mixed with 2 tsp cream of tartar in 1/2 c. water once a day for three days, repeat once after rest of two days if needed.
*2-4 capsules of passionflower every day (or 15 drops tincture), continue to take for several weeks after bp has returned to normal.
*make sure you are getting enough calcium
*red raspberry, nettle, and dandelion leaves are all very good to take too, makes a yummy tea.

Love to you and blessing to you and your sweet healthy growing baby!
Brandi

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm glad to see you Sarah. I've been wondering how you've been. PAL definetely sucks in so many ways. How did your u/s go?

I'm wondering what you are all planning for your births? Hospital? Home? Midwives? Water? Drugs? Planned induction/c-sec?

As for me, i finally convinced Dh that home is safe so we'll be here at home again assuming there are no indications of problems that would require hospital care. I'm hoping to rent a birth pool again cause I just luuuved the water but dh is worried that our very old house can't support the weight Lol. I think he's just over worried. Our regular tub is one of those huge old porcelain ones that weigh a ton so i think the floor can hold a birth pool just fine.

It's funny - even though i had a really long labor with over 2 hours of pushing and lost the baby - i can't wait to labor again. It was such an empowering amazing experience. I'm scared that my greif will get in the way but hoping that i'll be able to focus on my new bug. How are you guys feeling?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
not currently pg, but certainly appreciating listening to all of you!

Quote:
It's funny - even though i had a really long labor with over 2 hours of pushing and lost the baby - i can't wait to labor again. It was such an empowering amazing experience.
That is exactly how I feel. We were in the hospital, but it was still such a wonderful time. I can honestly say that I enjoyed laboring/birthing - despite the physical and emotional pain. My goal for our next birth is either hospital waterbirth or birth center waterbirth, with the same CNM.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
It's funny - even though i had a really long labor with over 2 hours of pushing and lost the baby - i can't wait to labor again. It was such an empowering amazing experience. I'm scared that my greif will get in the way but hoping that i'll be able to focus on my new bug. How are you guys feeling?
I love giving birth. I have enjoyed each of my labors, even my labor with Galadriel. It was a bit different for me, as I already knew she had passed away before labor started. It was a quick labor, a normal one, but very much a head trip. I had to draw upon strength I did not think I had. I think it helped that I knew I could give birth just fine, but it was difficult dealing with the grief of the situation at the same time. It was a very strange feeling. I think you will do fine. I think it is likely that we will think of our lost babies while giving birth to these next blessings. But I think we can draw upon the strength that we have gained. We can give birth peacefully! We all have the strength, compassion, and courage within us, for if we did not, we would not be where we are now. I think this next birth will be amazing for all of us. I think it will be a release of old grief and a birth of new love. Don't let the fear get you when you feel the labor tug begin. If you can take a moment to reflect upon the joy and the love we have for our children. We cannot let fear rule us, even though we know how real that fear is. Throw all the what ifs out the window and embrace the moment. The most beautiful, exhilerating moment of your life. In each of my birth's I have felt the magic moment, I even felt it holding my still, breathless daughter.
I send you all love, and gentle joyful birthing thoughts.
WE CAN DO THIS!
Love, Brandi

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just wanted to bump this thread and see how all you mamas are doing?

As for me I've been feeling pretty good but still just living one day at a time. I can't believe Jan. is already half over. Almost exactly 4 months til my EDD! Less to Julianna's one year anniversary. Ever since the ultrasound, this pg has felt much more real to me. I think it's because we found out that we're having another little girl and i'm so happy about that. I have had so many more dreams about this little one than i ever did about Julianna but i wonder if its because i know the sex (Julianna was a surprise).

My extended houseguests finally moved out so now I can start some serious nesting in the "baby's room"/study. I've been itching to go through all my baby stuff. I started looking through a few things the other day and was so pleased that it didn't remind me too much of Julianna. The only item of clothing that i feel like was really for her and not just for "the baby" was buried with her. Still i want to buy a few more things just for this little one. I haven't taken out the diapers yet. It's funny, i never really wanted to have a nursury since i'm planning to cosleep but i have this urge to set up the crib that my in laws insisted on buying for us. I just want this baby to have her own room (even if she only sleeps in it for naps).

What's going on with you all?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Berkeley it is so wonderful to hear from you! I am very happy to hear that you are doing well. I am glad that you are able to have some peace and begin the nurturing process of your baby girl. It is nice to have a place to immerse yourself in baby stuff. My girls have always slept with us (still do) but I have always had a place to keep their things. The crib is great for holding laundry, or cloth diapers. You could even use it as a changing station.
I am a mere 8 weeks along so have not allowed myself to get the baby clothes out yet, though I do admit I have peaked at them. Just feeling nauseous and throwing up and trying to find a balance with food.
Love to you!
Brandi

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think I started working on the nursery a little too early. It's pretty much done and although I find great comfort just sitting in the room and rocking...I find that it also brings a little anxiety of "will I have to just put all of this away?"

I am definitely on this massive countdown until my amino on Feb 17th...29 days!!!!! I wonder how long these last few weeks are going to feel.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.