Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 10 mo ds and I just found out I'm pregnant yesterday. This is a little sooner than I was expecting, and I'm concerned about my milk supply eAtc. as ds is still exclusively bfing. (He's trying new foods but I know he's not getting a lot of nutrition from 5 chunks of sweet potato kwim?)

Is there anyone out there that has bfed a young babe while pregnant? Any tips, support or wisdom?

TIA!

· Registered
346 Posts
I also had a 10 month DS when I got pregnant with #2. I had started solids at 6 months, but he was still nursing a lot. During my pregnancy he gradually started eating more solids, and drinking more milk and water from sippy cups, and I think somewhere in my third trimester my milk supply started dipping a bit. (he would fuss when he was nursing). So, I would just make sure he was well fed all the time. After I had DS2, my milk came back in and both kiddos were pleased as punch. I had tons of milk, and a year and a half later, I still make tons of milk! DS1 finally started weaning about six months ago. DS2 (now 18 months) is still nursing of course, but not that much; maybe 2-3 times/day. LIke you said, take it one day at a time and you will be fine.

· Registered
835 Posts
My DS was 12 months when I got pregnant, and my milk had dried up by about 12 weeks - however, at about 18 weeks, my colostrum has come in.

My DS really stepped up the solids (he was almost exclusively breastfed at 12 months) and now eats like a little piggy! He still *loves* nursing though, and never slowed down, even when I was dry.

We plan on tandem nursing all the way through to CLW.

· Registered
96 Posts
My almost-8-month old was exclusively breastfeeding up until about 2 weeks ago which was when we found out that I'm pregnant again! She is suddenly more interested in solids and I think it's because she's not getting as much milk as she was before.

A friend and midwife gave me this advice for keeping the milk flowing: water, water, nettle tea, water, lots of protien, water, and water.

Good luck!

· Registered
15,273 Posts
I got pregnant when DD was 15 months, she is 21 months now & I am 27 weeks. Still nursing strong! Still plenty of milk too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.