Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been eating cooked ground beef - plain. Sounds so gross but I can't get enough of it. I would NEVER do that in normal life.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I've been eating hamburger this pregnancy too. The first time in over 16 years. My craving for it has disappeared a bit the last week, but prior to that I was eating it once or twice a week and it actually wasn't disgusting to me. In fact I was really enjoying it. I was buying good grassfeed beef and was making hamburger patties in my own kitchen! I figure if this is what my body needs right now, I'm gonna eat it.

The other thing I've been eating lately is coffee icecream in the afternoons. Before my DD wakes up I have been sitting at the computer in the heat and devouring coffee icecream. I KNOW it's not good for me or the new babe, but damn, it is good!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Heh. I made Steak Parmesan for dinner last night using cube steaks. It wasn't a big hit so there was plenty left over, so tonight I was STARVING and decided that a steak parmesan sandwich would be just the ticket: whole wheat bread, mayo, and a hunk of *cold* steak parm (complete with the cold marinara sauce and melted cheese stuck to it). Good gods it was delicious! Although the thought of it (or ANYTHING) right this second makes me feel

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been drinking chocolate milk like nobody's business. And I am NOT a milk drinker under normal circumstances. Also boiled eggs. Until about three weeks ago I was consuming obscene amounts of pickles (didn't crave ice cream with them...
) but stopped wanting them.

Green olives sound really, really good right now...

I don't think I've had anything "weird." Weirdest thing I've ever heard was my DH's great-aunt craved sauerkraut juice. Blegh.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I ate octopus today. A whole, big octopus. I'm home in Hawai'i visiting my parents and I begged my dad to cook some. Evidently baby wants tenticles...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
salt & vinegar chips paired with sharp cheddar.
It was sooooo good. Both my dp and my mom (who was around at the time) were grossed out, my kids however, thought it was a great idea!

·
Registered
342 Posts
OK, the octopus sounds truly disgusting.

Processed cheese for me. In my 1st trimester it gave me migraines and now it gives me dreadful heartburn, but I can't stay away! Port wine cheddar spread and Triscuits. Yum.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blastomom
I ate octopus today. A whole, big octopus. I'm home in Hawai'i visiting my parents and I begged my dad to cook some. Evidently baby wants tenticles...
Ahhh, I miss some of the food from the islands too. I'd love some good poke and sashimi right now too! I keep craving these good ribs too that you can only get on Maui, and I miss being able to go to any ole' convinience or grocery store and get macaroni salad (to be consumed WITH the white rice that is being sold right next to it).
Oh, and I'd really like some macadamia nut icecream as well. I was on Maui at the beginning of this pregnancy when the morning sickness was very extreme. All I could eat for a couple of days was macadamia nut icecream and saimin noodles. So ono!

·
Registered
70 Posts
My first tri, I ate horrible nasty foods that I'd never eat normally. I ate lots of Taco Bell and cube steaks for breakfast with butter on them. I ate no vegetables and only apples as my fruit. With my first pregnancy, I craved buttermilk in the first trimester. It was amazing how much buttermilk I could drink.

ETA: I also ate bags and bags of cheese puffs this time.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmenJ
I don't think I've had anything "weird." Weirdest thing I've ever heard was my DH's great-aunt craved sauerkraut juice. Blegh.
I am with her, I like Bubbies brand kraut and the juice off of it, but not too much

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
Fast Food. I'm talking McDonald's, Wendy's, Arby's, Steak n Shake, Taco Bell, White Castle, whatever I can get. Blech!

This morning I had spaghetti for breakfast.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey
salt & vinegar chips paired with sharp cheddar.
It was sooooo good. Both my dp and my mom (who was around at the time) were grossed out, my kids however, thought it was a great idea!
I'm not pregnant (yet
but that sounds really really good.

Question, has anyone had a craving for something they haven't tasted before? Like you've never eaten, oh, octopus for example, but you suddently think "hey, that could be great!"?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I was reading through this forum, because DH and I are tossing the idea of trying for another babe around... and when I happened upon this thread I had to add that when I was in my 2nd trimester... I devoured jars upon jars of pepperocini peppers... and then I drank the juice. GOD, that makes me wanna throw up now.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ketchup on spaghetti - and on most anything else!
With my last I did crave (and devour) pickles with chocolate frozen yogurt - YUM!!! It was SO good...at the time that is!

I'm pretty early into the pregnancy so ketchup has been the only thing so far for me...I'm sure it'll get weirder farther on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts