Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between a drop in supply due to pregnancy and my almost 10 month old's nursing strike last week, my supply has dwindled to almost nothing. Is it possible to get my supply back or will I just be stuck with this small supply for the rest of the pregnancy? I know when a mama isn't pregnant, it's obviously a supply and demand type thing, but during pregnancy, hormones take over, right? Is there any hope that I can produce more? I'm so not ready to wean...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Amylizpat,
When DD1 was about 1 year old I became pregnant with DD2. My supply plummeted very early on. I spent a lot of time researching a number of galactagogues. I couldn't find any recommended during the first trimester.

My hospital LC recommended "Mother Love's" "More Milk II" which is meant for use during pregnancy. Based on my research of the herbs it contains I wouldn't use it during the first trimester. But I suggest doing your own research regardless of how far along you are.

I did come across one mineral combo (Inositol & Choline) you probably won't find anywhere else but I can't really recommend it since it made me dizzy. If I were desperate I would try it again using half the minimum daily dose of each.

I have posted and re-posted my research on this topic numerous times and I'm guessing the regulars may be tired of seeing it. If you are interested PM me and I'll forward some links. Or you can try doing an advanced search using my Member ID and the search terms Inositol &/or Choline. If you just use the term "Supply" you'll get way too many links.

Good luck, ~Cath

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.