Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>In second trimester of pregnancy with an 18 month old nursling.  As soon as I got pregnant, my supply dropped.  Then in the last 3 weeks it has magically increased, to the point where I'm getting plugged ducts.  But it's odd, they aren't painful at all, just hard lumps in my breasts.  I'm a little concerned because one has been there for weeks, and there's no sign of improvement.  Yet it doesn't hurt, and I'm not getting mastitis.  Should I be pumping to help the plugged ducts?   Not sure how pumping will help since I don't have letdowns with the pump anymore, and I'm wary of increasing my supply any more given it's a little high anyhow.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD nurses 2-5 times a day, and I don't think I ever have letdowns with her either, haven't for months.  But she is really happy about the increased supply, she would get so angry during the first trimester when there was no milk and now she's much more cheerful about nursing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do I clear these ducts if neither DD nor the pump is doing the trick?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Note: I'm on the path to weaning, meaning I don't offer nursing except first thing in the morning and just before bed, but I don't refuse if she asks at other times.  Sometime I try to distract her instead, especially if she's just playing around or wants to be off and on several times in an hour.  I'm just so tired and feel like my body is overtaken inside and out, and I need a break before the new baby arrives.  Twice a day with DD would be great, it's the acrobatic nursing that drives me crazy!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts