Mothering Forum banner

Pregnant while on "mini pill"???

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  samuelsmom 
#1 ·
I started taking Micronor, a progestrone only bc pill. Should i always get my period during the last week of the pack? I only have 1 pill left out the pack and i still havnt got it! I have also been feeling "different" latley, im tired, moody, and have to use the bathroon a lot and i get nausous at night. What are the chances that i could be pregnant? I have been taking the pills at exactly 8 am every morning, i was only late by 1 hour once, that shouldnt make a difference right? Maybe the symtoms im having are just side effects of the pill?

#2 ·
It's been about five years since I was on the mini pill, and can't remember any of the details for you. I think that I got my periods monthly and I remember that I felt good on the pill. If I were you, I would probably take a pg test in a few days if AF doesn't show.

#3 ·
I was on Micronor for a month or two. My youngest was 4 months old. So there were a lot more issues. I was breastfeeding exclusively, I had just ended a "cycle" of Depo... Hadn't had a period yet....

I wouldn't think that missing it by one hour on ONE day would do anything. Did it say if you're supposed to have a period? I thought you just kept taking them- not skipping any.

#4 ·
I've been taking the generic of it for almost 2 years. No--you don't necessarily have a period every month. Sometimes I go two or three months without, sometimes I have two a month. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it at all for me. I seem to remember my midwife telling me that this was the case with mini-pills and with nursing. If you are still nursing, then your periods still might not come back for a while. I didn't have one for 9 months, even though I was taking the pills. I hope that helps! I'm trying to get off these stinking things, though I can't figure out how to do it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.