Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
well the "mini pill" is not a super effective bith control as it is, and you have to take it at the EXACT SAME TIME EVERYDAY to be very effective at all.

so, I'd say that you could be pregnant! It's very possible, especially if you haven't been militant about taking it, or you've missed a day once in awhile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well this is weird, i have never missed a pill and i have only been late takeing it once, i usually take them at 8:30am and i took it at :10:00 but that shouldnt do it.... i dont think. My period was 7 days early last month and i bled way more than normal, maybe its just the pills? The past 4 nights i have been feeling very nausous and thats how i felt when i was pregnant with DS I am not ready for another baby but i guess i should take the test Is it too early for one? My period is due around the 23rd usually so in about a week?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got pregnant with #3 on the mini-pill while still exclusivly breastfeeding and before ever having a period. My ds was just 5 months old. As mentioned by a previous poster - it is so low dose that it's not as effective and timing is crucial. Missing one pill could do it as could throwing up a pill or taking antibiotics. Also I think I read somewhere that St. John's Wort can also make the mini-pill ineffective.

Being late taking it could also to it, my doctor said even being ONE HOUR late could trigger ovulation in some woman and it's only something like 96-98% effective anyway because of the low dose and not having estrogen like the regular bc pill - which means some woman will take it correctly and still get pregnant.

I think pregnancy tests will start to show accurate results starting the day your period is due - but sometimes it takes another week or so - at least for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.