Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im am mega confused, and lookin for some help, or some advice or to hear some of your stories...

here is mine...

march i took 2 at home test one positive then one negitive. went in to the walk in for a blood test may 1st they say im pregnant. a week later i go in for the ultra sound they couldnt find anything, they thought maybe it was too early.. did another blood test. tell me im miscarring. that was over a month ago. i have had no bleeding, spotting, i still feel prego.. and i just dont get it. they havent asked me to come back to do and d&c which i though u have to have if you do not naturally have a miscarriage. i just dont get it. i have an apointment with a new doctor cuz im sick of not having answers, but would like to know what you think...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Maybe a blighted ovum that is just not ready to come out yet. How far along do you think you are from the first test?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Wow, there's so much they're not telling you. What were your hcg numbers at? Why did they tell you you were going to miscarry? Were the numbers not doubling properly or were they dropping? Have they done a repeat ultrasound? How far along were you at your first ultrasound? When they did the first ultrasound what did they mean by they couldn't find anything? No gestational sac, no fetal pole or no heartbeat? How far along are you now? There's so many unanswered questions.

BTW, you don't "have to" have a D&C. Maybe it will be the right choice for you, but you have lots of options. If the pregnancy is not viable you can either wait and have a natural miscarriage, take medications to cause you to miscarry or have a D&C. There's pluses and minuses to each option.

Good luck. I hope you get the answers you seek. Don't be afraid to keep calling and asking any questions you have until all your questions are answered. The doc works for you, it's their job to make sure you understand what's going on with your body so you can make informed decisions. Take care of yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.