• Rogan

Votes: 2 3.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preliminary name poll.
I know it's early but I'd like to try to narrow it down a little bit, let me give you some background.
The middle name will be Frederick after DH Grandpa that passed when DH was 14
they were very close.

Quentin - this is my favorite but nobody else in the family likes it. It means fifth born in Latin and since this will be our fifth child I thought it would be cool.
Mitchell - This is DHs FAVORITE name, he has liked this name since I was pg with #3, I don't hate the name but it seems pretty bland to me and has lots of undesireable ryhming potential - itch, bitch, snitch.
Jonas - I really like this name - it is short, simple and masculine. Also my Grandpa's last name is Jones so it's close without sounding too much like a last name

Rogan - This was my favorite name when I was pg with #3 and #4. I know it's a different name but it has always been my 'guilty' pleasure if you will
My 13 year old son LOVES this name and DH has actually come around to not hating it.

So with all this in mind and considering the middle name what is your favorite? What are your thoughts?

Keri

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I voted for Mitchell. Rogan would be my second choice, though. I don't really like Quentin (sorry) and Jonas is really not my kind of name.
I admit I may be biased towards Mitchell. Mitchell is the name of a friend's son, and he's a cutie!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Out of all the names, I like Quentin best. I think the whole 'fifth' thing is cool. I love names with a little meaning behind them
. I also think Quentin Frederick sounds the best. I'm sure you can talk everybody into it!
:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
My faves were Quentin and Jonas. I chose Quentin in the poll.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have always loved the name Jonas. My ebf's father's name was Quentin and it has baaaad connotations for me. I like the 5th thing, too. Jonas is definately my favorite, though.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
As a name, I like Mitchell the best. My babysitter's (who babysat ME) oldest son is Mitchell (Mitch), and I had a crush on him, so I'm probably biased. HOwever, I am really into symbolism, so for your fifth born, Quentin is GREAT! (hey, if DH doesn't like it, he can always call him Fred!)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i voted Quentin

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I voted for Jonas. It's a bit more unique than the other names, yet it sounds classic and has a nice ring with the middle name. Good luck choosing!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think the only name you've listed that goes with Frederick IS Quentin! And besides, dh got the say on the middle name already, so the first name is all yours!

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
I'll be the rogue and vote for Rogan - but I like unusual names.
:

In order, I like Rogan, Quentin (if it's your fav, it's what you should do, the poll and everyone else darned to heck
), and Jonas.

I don't much like Mitchell, but only because it's my dad's last name, and I can't quite embrace it as a first name.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I voted for Quentin...but I also like Jonas. I wanted to add that both are very very hip here in Switzerland... Quentin in the French-speaking part and Jonas in the German-speaking part (although pronounced like Yo-nas), as well as in neighboring European countries. Just in case you're up for names that work globally...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I voted Quentin..... I've always loved that name and it does mean 5th child so it definately works for you. Second choice would be Mitchell then Jonas then Rogan.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I voted Quentin, I think it's a great name. It goes the best with Frederick (my grandpa's name by the way
). Jonas is my own personal favorite right now (and the only name dh and I are agreeing on at this moment), but it's different for me because I can't really branch out to those names that end in "in", "en", "on"... our last name doesn't go with names like that. I think Quentin is great, and I actually like it a teeny bit better than Jonas!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like Jonas best, but I voted for Quentin, because like some of the others I thought it goes better with Frederick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts