Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds is 30 lbs. and a very heavy wetter. I need to get him some toddler-sized pfs, but I'm wondering if I should just get regular cpfs or hemp prefolds. Has anyone out there compared the two? Opinions, please!!
:

·
Registered
315 Posts
The hemp prefolds are so much more absorbant than the cotton prefolds. I've found the cotton prefolds to be softer and they can be snappied. I always use a fleece layer or a Fuzzi Bunz so the softness against the skin isn't a big deal. Absorbancy is my son's main need. I've tried two difference hemp prefolds: Polar Baby and Babykicks Hemparoo Fleece prefolds and the Babykicks are far better in my opinion.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree with Oklahoma Mama, you have to decide which is more important - your absorbancy needs, or the convenience. They're both really similar in construction, but the hemp ones will either have to be laid in a cover or pinned, whereas the CPFs can be snappied (which is much easier for me.) With my wiggly toddler I don't trust my pinning skill enough to get it through the fabric without catching her, too. Plus the CPFs you can snappi and not need a cover (you can go coverless with the hemp, but I prefer the CPFs for the snappi reason.) However, if you have a heavywetter or plan on doing some heavy-duty washing, hemp may be better for you. Does this help at all???

·
Registered
351 Posts
Quote:
you can get snappi friendly hemp prefolds at www.littlelounginglizards.com
OMG - those are so cool! Have you tried them? What a clever idea, I can't believe I haven't seen them before! I also really like the folding pictures - very helpful! Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I haven't gotten my hands on one of the snappi friendly ones, but I do have a bunch of soakers and they are great! I have also heard really good things about the nighty newts. I know she just had some instock, so she should stock again soon. I also have a silk/hemp lovey that Kayla absolutely loves

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I think I will give the hemps a try. I've never snappied either, so this should be an adventure! I really need the absorbency, but I think I have some covers that they would probably need to be snappied in, so I better start shopping!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts