Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is doing it and how are you liking it? I just started today and love love LOVE it. I teach aerobics at a gym and after I study up on this type of yoga (have taken a lot of yoga in the past) I am definitely going to see if my gym is interested in offering such a class. I think it would be a big hit as our gym is very family oriented.

Today I did Crunch Yoga Mamma and found it very relaxing and felt some good stretches, but definitely wasn't a physical challenge for me (as I suppose prenatal yoga won't be).

Looking forward to hearing from you Yoga mommas and any suggestions for me if you have taught it before

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a prenatal yoga and pilates program that I haven't started yet since I've been feeling so bad. Though I've been feeling better so maybe I will try it today.

Do we have a exercise buddy club or something like that on this board? It would be nice to have someone to be accountable to.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I've done my prenatal pilates DVD (a 20 minute workout) a few times, but didn't really feel that different after doing it. I'm waiting for the yoga DVD to become available on Netflix so that I can get it instead of spending $30 at the store for the one I want!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree we should have a fitness buddy group- that would be awesome. I pretty much have no choice but to exercise throughout my pregnancy since I teach like 3 aerobics classes a day- because it's not like the teacher has a choice whether they "feel" like going or not LOL.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
dr. christine's dynamic yoga is an excellent workout. was kicking my butt in the first timester when i was soooo tired.

can't wait to start doing it more now that i am feeling better.

i have "the perfect pregnancy workout too" though i haven't done it yet.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by heabrook
I am doing prenatal yoga and prenatal pilates. I enjoy both and alternate between the two.

Where did you find a prenatal pilates? I'd love to start up with that. I just began prenatal yoga. It is just a dvd from Yoga Journal. I enjoyed it and the stretching. I wouldn't mind some recommendations for other videos though as I like variety

Thanks,

Julie

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I found my prenatal pilates DVD through Netflix (I know you didn't ask me, hope you don't mind me butting in!) and enjoy it. It's not a huge challenge, because I was doing Pilates before getting pregnant, but needed to slow down on the core intense workouts, but it's a nice 20 minute workout that focuses a lot on breathing and pelvic muscles.

Whew!

Anyway, the video is:
Pilates for Life: Prenatal and Postnatal

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by simple life
Where did you find a prenatal pilates? I'd love to start up with that. I just began prenatal yoga. It is just a dvd from Yoga Journal. I enjoyed it and the stretching. I wouldn't mind some recommendations for other videos though as I like variety

Thanks,

Julie
Hi, I bought a prenatal pilates DVD from Amazon.com. I was doing pilates before this pregnancy, so I am already very familiar with it. I've noticed some exercises that I was doing before, but they are slightly adapted to work well throughout pregnancy.

Pilates during pregnancy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...579966?ie=UTF8

I think it is a great DVD. It is designed to be used throughout each Trimester. It had mixed reviews -- but mainly good --- on Amazon. I think the point most people were trying to make is that it isn't exactly set in a very nice setting. It is some type of studio but it is very bland. But, I don't care, because I like the exercise routine that she has you do.. and that is what is important anyways.

I love yoga because you stretch and tone at the same time. But I could not do without my pilates either.. It is more active and really strengthens and tones my muscles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a Shiva Rea fan, love her workshops and classes, her prenatal video is pretty good for all phases of pregnancy.
I have been teaching yoga for the last 5 years, but every time I get pregnant I can't seem to motivate myself to keep my practice going. I tend to go into that introspective space of prayer and meditation and lots of napping.
I have decided to quit teaching my vinyasa classes and start teaching a prenatal class at the hospitals wellness center.
Any suggestions as to what you think mammas want from a prenantal yoga class? I know what I want... Savasana for 1 hour, OM then go to sleep

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I am doing Tracey Mallet's 3 in 1 Pregnancy Workout which is a combo of yoga and pilates and am really enjoying it. It gives a pretty good workout, and not just for beginners as so many others seem to.

Unfortunately I have been so tired with the pregnancy, that I am finding it really hard to do the DVD. I was hoping the exercise would help raise my energy levels, but it really hasn't yet. So having a really hard time finding motivation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts